Author Topic: May 2017 map updates  (Read 13161 times)

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
Re: May 2017 map updates
« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2017, 08:32 »
The longest part is unzipping the file and I don't think you can just put parts of the map data on. Granted a high speed 32gb card is best but it's a fairly simple job.

If you use the link I provided above, you can, as I have, just add the regions that you want, its a much quicker download and upload on to the unit - I don't think I'll need the map for Greece and Latvia!

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 13 June 2017, 09:38 »
Build an SD card? What on earth are you on about  :grin: you just need to drop the unzipped map data into the route of the card and that's it.

Well, depends if you want to use a big old card or only have a smaller one and need to just put the relevant version on there - the zip file contains MIB 1 and 2 and now maybe 3 data!
These are the contents of the latest file;

Presumably MIB3 is the unit fitted to the facelift? I haven't tried yet but as there appears to be no MIB3 data, does that mean there's no map update available for the newer unit yet?
When I follow the navigation.com drop down menus there's no option to select a year past 2016.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 13 June 2017, 10:25 »
Yes, MIB3 will be the FL units, to work with the AID.

I wouldn't expect to see map data for those being distributed until the November update though - they will already have data and the first FL cars were what, April 2017?

I'm rather hoping the bloody thing will be able to do an update over wifi while parked on my drive, but we shall see :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2017, 12:57 »
As far as I can see, only the update for Nav Pro is available so far. Presumably the standard Nav update will follow along soon.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 13 June 2017, 14:30 »
Nope, both are available from the site linked.

Bit early for MIB3 updates!!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 13 June 2017, 15:08 »
They all use the same map data so you won't get anything different from an mib1 to 2 to 3. The unit might look and display things slightly differently but the actual map data will be exactly the same.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 13 June 2017, 15:54 »
They all use the same map data so you won't get anything different from an mib1 to 2 to 3. The unit might look and display things slightly differently but the actual map data will be exactly the same.
Which is why I was checking about updates for the MIB3 facelift units. Presumably there won't have been a special mid-cycle map package created between November 2016 and May 2017 for the new units, so they will be using at best November 2016 maps.

Maybe I'll go and grab the SD card from my car and see what the contents actually are.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 13 June 2017, 15:56 »
The data might be the same, but the way the update package works you have platform ID's in the configuration files and I think that also means the map data is duplicated for each...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 13 June 2017, 16:15 »
Maybe I'll go and grab the SD card from my car and see what the contents actually are.
Just checked, the files on the card are dated October 2016.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 13 June 2017, 16:19 »
Thats the november update data then.... so there should be a May 2017 MIB3 package somewhere...