Author Topic: Mk7 Gti  (Read 2425 times)

Offline JAPON1971

• Just got here
Mk7 Gti
« on: 03 June 2017, 21:43 »
Hi all.
Both my last Gti's have been silver so in my search through VW for my next Gti I fancied a change,preferably blue.
Couldn't find anything in my price range so predictably I have put a deposit down on a tungsten silver Gti which as we speak is being prepped for me.
In the mean time I've seen a night blue Gti for sale at another dealer ,arghhh.
I've read that dark colours such as night blue are a pain to keep clean and show the marks/scratches.
Saying this I would probably bought the night blue Gti if I'd seen it first.
Anyone have any comments/advice on either of these colours.
Cheers Jason.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Mk7 Gti
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2017, 12:30 »
Colour choice based on how easy it is to keep clean? Possibly mid greys and blues are easier but there's not a lot in it and very subjective. Just go for the colour you most want - you are going to keep a brand new GTI pretty clean whichever you go for aren't you?  :tongue: :nerd:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline JAPON1971

• Just got here
Re: Mk7 Gti
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2017, 16:23 »
Thanks for the reply.
My own is experience with silver is it looks clean for longer and that a dark colour such as night blue might not.
I'm also looking second hand around three years old from main dealer so I get the cover.
I'm in Berkshire near bracknell and the silver Gti which has my deposit down is in Gillingham and the night blue Gti is in Colchester.
Could be a long round trip to see both in the flesh.
Want to drive away the same day as well which is why the tungsten silver Gti is being prepped.
Cheers Jason.