Author Topic: Missing Fog lights  (Read 54052 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Missing Fog lights
« Reply #50 on: 26 April 2017, 16:40 »
Just hope it has fogs. What spec did you go for?

LOL me too. Its just a white GTD with NavPro and DCC.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 26 April 2017, 16:40 »
Ordered early February and still no build date, that sounds odd. What excuse has your dealer given?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #52 on: 26 April 2017, 16:52 »
Ordered early February and still no build date, that sounds odd. What excuse has your dealer given?

None. I actually asked VWUK to look into it and they told me my build date would be issued in the next 7 days.

Its fine, I can't take delivery until June anyway as I am working in the US until then.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Tamzildj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #53 on: 26 April 2017, 17:12 »
Just had my dealer ring me back within a couple of hours of raising the concern. From what he's gathered, information has just been relayed that cars built after the first week of May will have fog lights. Luckily mine is a mid May build, but he had no information as to what the course of action will be for builds prior to then. I'd suggest contacting your dealer if your build date is before then.

Again he thanked me for raising the concern as they were in the dark over the whole thing and will now have a number of angry customers.

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #54 on: 26 April 2017, 17:23 »
Interesting, so they feel that the LEDs are not "all weather" versions like Audi units and need fogs.

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #55 on: 26 April 2017, 17:29 »
Just had my dealer ring me back within a couple of hours of raising the concern. From what he's gathered, information has just been relayed that cars built after the first week of May will have fog lights. Luckily mine is a mid May build, but he had no information as to what the course of action will be for builds prior to then. I'd suggest contacting your dealer if your build date is before then.

Again he thanked me for raising the concern as they were in the dark over the whole thing and will now have a number of angry customers.

Thank you for the feedback, seem I will be out of luck then as I was a mid-April build.

All the more reason for people not accept a car without them though if later cars will have them. 
Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #56 on: 26 April 2017, 17:33 »

Thank you for the feedback, seem I will be out of luck then as I was a mid-April build.

All the more reason for people not accept a car without them though if later cars will have them.

Not sure refusing the car would be up there on some peoples plans over, mine included. I'd just like to understand what the plan is to get it rectified.

Be interesting to know, of those who don't have fogs is the interior switch installed by the light knob, just the external fogs themselves are  missing or in actual fact both the switch and fogs are missing (and assuming then the whole electrics for them)

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #57 on: 26 April 2017, 17:36 »

Not sure refusing the car would be up there on some peoples plans over, mine included. I'd just like to understand what the plan is to get it rectified.

Be interesting to know, of those who don't have fogs is the interior switch installed by the light knob, just the external fogs themselves are  missing or in actual fact both the switch and fogs are missing (and assuming then the whole electrics for them)

Yes switch is different too, people have noticed this on some videos of GTI/D on VW used.

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #58 on: 26 April 2017, 17:40 »
Well I've asked the question to my dealer, the delivery date to them was today but not heard anything. I've asked him to report back on whats there.

Offline TrickyGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #59 on: 26 April 2017, 18:06 »
I asked my retailer about the missing Front fog lights and weather my car would be affected a few weeks ago. He just called me today say that my car was in the first batch and has not been built with front fog lamps. He said that he has had an email from VWUK saying that they can offer the car with a reimbursement of £245 for the missing lights, or have a new car built on a VIP order. I have chosen to have a new car built,
Richard.