Author Topic: Missing Fog lights  (Read 54009 times)

Offline Tamzildj

• Not said much yet
Re: Missing Fog lights
« Reply #40 on: 26 April 2017, 13:56 »
I've just been on the phone to my dealer who wasn't aware of the issue as no information has been passed to them. Sure enough when he checked the stock they had, they were without fog lights. He's going to chase it up for me and give me a call back. My car hasn't been built yet, so hopefully they can be added.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #41 on: 26 April 2017, 13:58 »
Ok, I spoke to Mo' @VWUK about my order.

He said:

There has been a limited number of issues with certain customers. I have checked your order and it does have this as an option. I am sorry for any inconvenience

Sounds like its been corrected... we'll see when mine arrives! I still haven't got a build week...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 26 April 2017, 15:32 »
Calling all members

go to
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/about-us/customer-care

and Start a Live Chat conversation about the lack of front fog lights on GTD / GTi's

I've just done that and Mohammed spoke to the Technical Sales Team and gave this response;

If you come back to us in a couple of weeks we may have some positive information regarding front fog lights.  We haven't released anything officially yet, so I'm unable to comment further, but we at expecting some new direct information about the front fog lights being on GTD / GTI's.

So come on guys - people power - get bombarding them for this official news to be released a.s.a.p.

Just done, same guy chatting to me too.

Seriously though, I'm wanting to put a new GTD order in soon and things like this putting me off until its sorted.

I called into my dealer today, to talk about the fact that my new GTD has no fog lights. The fleet sales manager was amazed. No-one at the dealership knew about it, and they were grateful for my pointing it out. He has a meeting with VWUK later this week, and is going to raise it as an urgent concern. I did say that this issue was widely known among the GTD/GTI owners (and potential owners).
One salesman looked on their hand-held configurator (which supposedly has all the up-to-date options etc.), ad front fog lights were listed as standard equipment.
I have complained to VWUK (twice),  but absolutely no response yet.
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 26 April 2017, 15:39 »
If VW have (do ) correct this in time for new owners who's cars are currently being built then great, but I feel a little sorry for those that have already taken delivery. This will be expensive I guess for VW to retrofit, and if they do nothing, I can see in a few years time when those cars come into the secondhand market that new buyers will be asking where the fogs are and maybe be a little distrusting about that particular car that it might be a foreign import or something ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 26 April 2017, 15:40 »
TonyJ - do you have your GTD yet or is it still on order?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 26 April 2017, 16:17 »
Hi Fred, yes, I took delivery of it on Monday.
Atlantic Blue, Keyless
Really happy with it (apart from the fogs). I like the Active Info Display as well  ......
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #46 on: 26 April 2017, 16:27 »

He said:

There has been a limited number of issues with certain customers. I have checked your order and it does have this as an option. I am sorry for any inconvenience

Sounds like its been corrected... we'll see when mine arrives! I still haven't got a build week...

Have you a GTD on order? I told him I haven't ordered yet but as it will be for Sept delivery need to place it pretty soon.
He said to check back middle of next month re the fog light issue!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 26 April 2017, 16:33 »
Hi Fred, yes, I took delivery of it on Monday.
Atlantic Blue, Keyless
Really happy with it (apart from the fogs). I like the Active Info Display as well  ......

Awesome! Lets hope VWUK can find you some fogs soon

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 26 April 2017, 16:34 »

He said:

Have you a GTD on order? I told him I haven't ordered yet but as it will be for Sept delivery need to place it pretty soon.

Yes, ordered early in Feb.... still no build week, but I am hoping its early June for delivery.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #49 on: 26 April 2017, 16:39 »

He said:

Yes, ordered early in Feb.... still no build week, but I am hoping its early June for delivery.

Just hope it has fogs. What spec did you go for?