Author Topic: I'm Waiting for a my new 7.5 pure white Gti' what wax do you think is best?  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Bigbeemer

• Not said much yet
Waiting on my new pure white beast with panoramic roof, keyless entry, leather and Santiago alloys and wondering while waiting next 10 weeks what best wax that gives a wet look to pure white paintwork?
Any suggestions or any white Gti pictures with panoramic roof and 19" alloys would be great to see. Many thanks

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Probably best asking about the wax in the detailing section, but DoDo Juice Diamond White, or Light Fantastic, or Supernatural Hybrid are all great wax choices for white car.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-diamond-white/prod_405.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-light-fantastic/prod_400.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=887

DoDo Juice waxes give great glossy finish and reasonable longevity of up to 3 months.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
My personal favourite is Bilt Hamber Finis Wax due to its 6 month life span. There's no right or wrong when it comes to waxes, just many many many opinions.

Head over to DetailingWorld.co.uk and have a browse through the wax section and see what you think. I will warn you though you can lose hours on that site.

Offline Bigbeemer

• Not said much yet
Thanks looks like they will be on my shopping list now  :smiley

Offline Xrayrapid

• Just got here
I use autofinesse tough coat (a sealant rather than a wax) on my white Gti.  Its very easy to apply, has a nice shine and lasts pretty well (the beading effect lasts for several months).
Arrived, washed, decontaminated, sealed ..... Dirty again:
Mk7 GTI non PP, Manual, Pure White, Parking Pack, CarNetApp

Offline RDC

• Not said much yet
Although strictly a sealant Fusso Light from Nipponshine. I done a full detail over Easter and put on a couple of layers on my Pure White GTI. There is a lot of hype with this product but it certainly met my expectations.

The manufacturers and some people claim 12 months protection but will easily last 6 or 7 months which will do me as I do a big decon every 6 months.

I am going to put some Adams Buttery Wax on top hopefully this weekend but that is more of a show wax just because I enjoy detailing my car.

Plenty of reviews on Youtube.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Although strictly a sealant Fusso Light from Nipponshine. I done a full detail over Easter and put on a couple of layers on my Pure White GTI. There is a lot of hype with this product but it certainly met my expectations.

The manufacturers and some people claim 12 months protection but will easily last 6 or 7 months which will do me as I do a big decon every 6 months.

I am going to put some Adams Buttery Wax on top hopefully this weekend but that is more of a show wax just because I enjoy detailing my car.

Plenty of reviews on Youtube.

I used the dark version of Fusso 12 Months Wax on my car a few weeks ago. Really impressed with the water repellency; fantastic beading and less dirt seems to stick to the paintwork than with some of the waxes I've used before. When I snow foam my car now, the snow foam doesn't dwell on the paintwork as long as it did before I applied the Fusso; a consequence of the non-stick properties of Fusso. It does take the dirt with it when it slides off though! :grin:

I'm not expecting it to offer 12 months protection in spite of its name, but if it protects this well for 6 months, I'll be impressed.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
I've used a sealant on our white cars for the last 5 years or so, the jeffs werkstat acrylic system, sadly it's no longer available, so I've been using carpro Reload, but you could look at Carlack which is very, very similar to the werkstat stuff
« Last Edit: 26 April 2017, 15:55 by Eccie »

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
As above Carlack twins or FK1000P on white. You're not going to get a good warm colour/shine to the paint so it suits the ice/glass look of sealants or hybrids.

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
I've used gtechniq c2v3 on my Pure White R - Looks great and holding up really well. You can then also mix this with water to create a detailing spray.