Author Topic: Third wave of New Golf engines confirmed for launch  (Read 8625 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Third wave of New Golf engines confirmed for launch
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2017, 21:42 »
I am sure VW uk will update there price lists and apologise soon......

Don't know why sport and sound pack isn't an option yet. It was a really well priced and cool option on MK7 GTD so hopefully it will become an option again soon. However not many people choose it so maybe because of little uptake, I think they should make it standard and just put the price up....
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2017, 22:21 »
I am sure VW uk will update there price lists and apologise soon......

Don't know why sport and sound pack isn't an option yet. It was a really well priced and cool option on MK7 GTD so hopefully it will become an option again soon. However not many people choose it so maybe because of little uptake, I think they should make it standard and just put the price up....

Not many people opted for the sport and sound pack because so many crap salespeople didn't know what it was. I was told myself that it was only red callipers, I told him what it was a he said I was reading too much on the internet. Maybe if 'they' read a bit more about options and what they were they could actually inform coustomers right.

It is funny how quickly a person can be turned away from a brand because the people selling it know jacks!t about what they are supposed to be selling.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2017, 22:27 »
I would suggest it's not a case of you "reading too much on the Internet" but actually a case of them not reading enough.

I had a very similar experience...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2017, 22:30 »
I couldn't agree more you go to into an apple shop and you know the person you speak to genuinely knows the answers to pretty much everything because they are actually interested in what they sell.

Meanwhile you go into a Volkswagen showroom and you know more than the sales person......we try our best to employ not always the so called best sales person but the people who are actually the most interested in the brand and product.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2017, 23:01 »
Regulars on this forum must be a nightmare for sales people.

The thing is, the average Golf GTI Forum member is not exactly the average car buyer. Most of us could be regarded as performance Golf enthusiasts. My dealer joked with me that he has a good day when he knows the answer to one of my questions. I said I would warn him when to expect me so he could study :grin:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 20 April 2017, 23:18 »
I'm a Golf noob, but i showed two separate VW sales staff at different dealers how to lock a car with keyless by touching the groove in the handle. Neither knew, and both had told me that you had to use the key fob.  :rolleyes:
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 21 April 2017, 08:59 »
Nothing confirmed yet, fingers crossed about £1000 extra................

As a manager in a VW dealership can you comment on the reason why UK GTi and GTD's don't have fog lights? Surely you must know.
Can evo1986 also answer why Sport & Sound is not an option on the FL7.5 please?
Sport & Sound + front fog lights make the Mk7 GTD, so it seems a backward step for the FL7.5!

Other places (Germany, France + Ireland) I've seen on the GTD configurator you can't spec S&S pack but you can spec red brake calipers. Its even a no-cost option in Ireland!
So why can't the UK get an option for this?  :angry:
Its the little details like this make a car. Even the GTE gets blue painted calipers.

« Last Edit: 21 April 2017, 09:01 by GTD1414 »

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 21 April 2017, 10:10 »
I tagged along on a BMW shopping trip recently. The difference between the BMW dealer and the VW dealers was stark.

We had phoned ahead to tell them we were interested in viewing a particular car. When we arrived <1 hour later, the car in question was parked at the door, ready for demo. We were introduced to a "product guy" - basically a BMW-nerd who was able to explain every little detail about the car and we couldn't catch him out on any questions. He had swallowed the product guide  :laugh: That guy took us for a test drive (after explaining how he had kindly left the air-con running for us before we arrived to ensure the car was comfy).

Only when we got back from the test drive did the salesman take over - and again he was very courteous and professional. Knew his stuff inside out.

It was a very enlightening experience (being more used to VW dealers).
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #18 on: 21 April 2017, 12:39 »
I too had a look at BMW and I agree that they are better than VW dealers in terms of slickness and efficiency. They also sell cars starting at the price of my GTD and going to sky high!

I also went to a Kia dealer and a SEAT dealer. Their service was less than VW's, but their car range sells for less.

Anyone seeing a pattern here? ;-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 21 April 2017, 20:27 »
I went to Synter BMW in Coventry before I ordered my GTD and they were crap.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17