Author Topic: 7.5 Board  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: 7.5 Board
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2017, 21:49 »
Nope, it's a facelift. :grin:
lol... yeah :grin:

The changes are so subtle we could call it the Mk7 Golf LED Edition :whistle:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2017, 22:37 »
Nope, it's a facelift. :grin:
lol... yeah :grin:

The changes are so subtle we could call it the Mk7 Golf LED Edition :whistle:

So subtle can also add early 7.5 with no fogs and the different colour pallette lol
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2017, 22:41 »
I doubt the MK8 will advance any more than this has over mk7. Providing it stays within the same footprint and price bracket.
We have a Mk7 GTI here btw as comparison. I do think we will call it a Mk7.5  in years to come.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2017, 09:18 »
I doubt the MK8 will advance any more than this has over mk7. Providing it stays within the same footprint and price bracket.
We have a Mk7 GTI here btw as comparison. I do think we will call it a Mk7.5  in years to come.
The last big leap forward was the development of the Mk5 Golf. The Mk6 was basically a big facelift. No doubt the Mk7 Golf is a more refined car in every way. The only big improvement was the progressive steering. The Mk7.5 has better tech :rolleyes: LED lights with Dynamic Light Assist might be the only improvement for night time driving :rolleyes:

Some articles are speculating that the Mk8 will have an MQB Evo chassis with further developments in Direct Chassis Control. The engines are where we could see the biggest improvements - with Miller Cycle and variable turbine geometry. These engines would have greater real world fuel economy and no turbo lag. Then there is the next generation of four wheel drive systems. Could they make one that gives the car rear wheel bias? Other manufactures are doing that!

And the biggest and easiest improvement of all - better OEM tyres.

The current generation of cars are excellent, but there is room for improvement. (especially with the tyres :evil:)
« Last Edit: 17 May 2017, 10:05 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2017, 10:30 »
No need really. Not exactly a hive of activity on here anyway.

Think that can be put down to everyone just driving and enjoying their cars, and maybe points to the MK7 reliability also as though there will always be incidences of failure the demographic of this forum are not having too many.

So once receive your GTD/GTI/R you in the main become happy drivers just driving and enjoying the experience. = Like me :)

increased traffic at facelift and definitely when the MK 8 begins to come into view.

The only really interesting thing read recently was a member in R forum who has described ripples in the bodywork and it looks like he has added cage etc. Had never heard that before so think isolated to him and not Ripplegate. 
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2017, 12:32 »
I thought this forum was reasonably busy TBH.

The other Golf model boards here are probably busier by virtue of people having old cars that have loads of broken stuff on them... new cars don't have that too much nor are they likely to be heavily mod'ed being on finance!

Anyway, this forum is busy enough for me :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2017, 12:45 »
I thought this forum was reasonably busy TBH.

The other Golf model boards here are probably busier by virtue of people having old cars that have loads of broken stuff on them... new cars don't have that too much nor are they likely to be heavily mod'ed being on finance!

Anyway, this forum is busy enough for me :D

Yep, not complaining, as you said its very model specific and by nature that keeps posts steady opposed to frantic.

Been on many boards on varying interests over the years and no doubt the folk who frequent here are a decent and informed bunch and so I share your contentment. :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC