Author Topic: My detailing marquee....and a spot of spring detailing!  (Read 16945 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: My detailing marquee....and a spot of spring detailing!
« Reply #50 on: 18 April 2017, 15:17 »
👍👍👍
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 22 April 2017, 13:21 »
Some micro beading this morning (Swissvax Best of Show).

And glass beading (Obsessive Detail Rain Repellent)

« Last Edit: 22 April 2017, 13:32 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 04 May 2017, 08:04 »
A bit late to the party, but nice work Bec. Having just bought a metallic black VW with silver mirrors, 19" wheels, xenons with fancy DRLs, 4 wheel drive, etc... I'll need to do something similar quite soon.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 04 May 2017, 12:12 »
A bit late to the party, but nice work Bec. Having just bought a metallic black VW with silver mirrors, 19" wheels, xenons with fancy DRLs, 4 wheel drive, etc... I'll need to do something similar quite soon.

Party's over Simon.  Guests have gone, washing up done, sick cleaned up.......or......car all dirty again and swirled to high heaven (not really) again, lol.   

But onto more intriguing matters......come on,m spill the beans, what d'you buy?  Tiguan, Touareg, R???
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 04 May 2017, 12:55 »
But onto more intriguing matters......come on,m spill the beans, what d'you buy?  Tiguan, Touareg, R???

It's like the one on your drive. No pics yet as I'm embarrassed to show the swirls. It's booked into a local detailer in a few weeks, so pics to follow once he's done his thing
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 04 May 2017, 13:22 »

It's like the one on your drive. No pics yet as I'm embarrassed to show the swirls. It's booked into a local detailer in a few weeks, so pics to follow once he's done his thing

Woohoo!  You have an R!  May I both complement you and commiserate with you on the choice of colour ;-)  Look forward to the big reveal once mr/mrs detailer has whipped it into shape.  Is it a MY16 car?  I'm going to make a very educated guess it's DSG, lol.  Rest of spec? 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 04 May 2017, 14:41 »
Wrong on many counts. It's like the other vehicle on your drive.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #57 on: 04 May 2017, 16:27 »
Wrong on many counts. It's like the other vehicle on your drive.

LOL.  Aha! So you got a Amarok then.  Well everything I said still stands apart from the R bit. Sounds a fancy one too with xenons (ours has bog standard lights).  That should make short work of your rural roads and be good for towing the caravan?  What made you decide on an Amarok Simon.  Looking forward to seeing it all done up.  I've given up any semblance of detailing on ours - it's scratched to pieces - probably like your pre-detailed one!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 04 May 2017, 19:04 »
[/URL]

This is how it looked in the dealers photos. It's an Ultimate, so has a few extras over the Highline and with only 500 made, it's quite nice having something a little different. I did have a go in a Canyon a few weeks back, but it was orange with spot lights on the roof. The kids loved it, but I prefer to ride around a little more unnoticed.

I just fancied something a bit different. There certainly won't be any more wincing when picking a way down site access roads and farm tracks. Also it will swallow up all the luggage that my wife and daughter seem to think they need to take with them when we go away. As for towing, the Passat did a very good job, but this will be so much better. No chance of the tail wagging the dog when passing lorries on the motorway.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 04 May 2017, 21:08 »
[/URL]

This is how it looked in the dealers photos. It's an Ultimate, so has a few extras over the Highline and with only 500 made, it's quite nice having something a little different. I did have a go in a Canyon a few weeks back, but it was orange with spot lights on the roof. The kids loved it, but I prefer to ride around a little more unnoticed.

I just fancied something a bit different. There certainly won't be any more wincing when picking a way down site access roads and farm tracks. Also it will swallow up all the luggage that my wife and daughter seem to think they need to take with them when we go away. As for towing, the Passat did a very good job, but this will be so much better. No chance of the tail wagging the dog when passing lorries on the motorway.

Very nice!  The silver mirrors and wheels work really nicely with the black.  That's what threw me in your description- ours has black mirrors and wheels as is a Dark Label Limited Edition, but I think the silver bits lighten the look well.  They are a great truck, loads of room for luggage etc, and cabin is very roomy and really just like a big golf.  They are also surprisingly easy to climb into and the doors much lighter than a Golf too. And no one argues with you on the road.  Parking can be entertaining as car park spaces were not made for these.

Assuming the red Golf has gone?   :cry:

But welcome to redneck world.  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual