Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 141841 times)

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Newbie, Hi  :smiley:

I picked up number 433 two weeks ago.  Loving it  :smiley:

Now that's how you think up a forum profile name thingy  :cool:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Am I correct in saying that if you order bucket seats with the CS, you can't order keyless entry ?
It's quite confusing configurating a CS, well for me anyway :embarrassed:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline CS#433

• Not said much yet
Newbie, Hi  :smiley:

I picked up number 433 two weeks ago.  Loving it  :smiley:

Now that's how you think up a forum profile name thingy  :cool:

Haha it was pretty easy to come up with and saved me all that "sorry, username in use" hassle I would normally get  :smiley:

Offline CS#433

• Not said much yet
Very nice. :cool:  Was that the Lookers Northallerton car?

Yes mate, it was.
Great dealership and if I remember rightly the car has a 5 year factory warranty. :smiley:

Can't fault them on their customer service. As I am 200 miles away then everything was sorted over the phone before I even saw the car.. not sure on the 5 yr warranty?? Might need to check that out.
Ring VW customer service (0800 0833 914), they will confirm one way or the other.

Cheers mate. I'll get onto that today. The salesman just said "it has the remainder of the warrenty period left" when talking about it, so i assumed 3 years.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
Am I correct in saying that if you order bucket seats with the CS, you can't order keyless entry ?
It's quite confusing configurating a CS, well for me anyway :embarrassed:

100% accurate.
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline CS#433

• Not said much yet
Very nice. :cool:  Was that the Lookers Northallerton car?

Yes mate, it was.
Great dealership and if I remember rightly the car has a 5 year factory warranty. :smiley:

Can't fault them on their customer service. As I am 200 miles away then everything was sorted over the phone before I even saw the car.. not sure on the 5 yr warranty?? Might need to check that out.
Ring VW customer service (0800 0833 914), they will confirm one way or the other.

Cheers mate. I'll get onto that today. The salesman just said "it has the remainder of the warrenty period left" when talking about it, so i assumed 3 years.

Thanks Trev, confirmed from them today that it is 5yrs. Am even more happy with it now  :grin:

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
^^^Excellent mate, I've got a 5 year warranty on my CS and it's well worth having.  :smiley:

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Anyone had issues with their rear seat, i took some mates to football on the weekend, lets say they were a little on the heavy side, big lads...
One commented that my seat was loose, when i got home he was right, the lower rear bench is loose and i cant get it back into place... another reason to visit the dealers.. :angry:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline ed30James

• Not said much yet
After 4 years of driving lardy Suv's, for the few days we have the entire family in the car I have seen the light and come back to a little pocket rocket gti. I've had an ed 30, that models std gti and 3 other models over the years. I spent time dithering over which variant to go for and had a despoit down on a great edition 35. Luckily i spotted the Clubsport edition 40 on a review and managed to find one that suited me.

So I am now the lucky keeper of a 2017, carbon grey, 19' brescia alloys, full leather, black roof and the slightly useless net app. No. 664

I love it and just wish the roads weren't too busy and so badly potholed.... I couldn't find a car with DCC which I haven't tried but am missing all the same. Apart from that I had keyless on my last car and keep looking for the start button. I'm still running it so haven't used the right pedal much yet. The cornering is incredible

Thanks for everyone's posts it is see fair to say I read most of the forum before I committed.

Edition 40 Number 664

Previously Edition 30 Number 2269

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Out of interest:

Did any of the ED40 Clubsports come with ambient lighting? I remember reading a German forum a year or two ago, as the early ones were starting to come through on the continent, that they thought the leather equipped cars might have the ambient lighting. In other posts people said that the honeycomb 40 trims didn't have the LED strip at all no matter what spec you had.

And which specs came with the red seatbelt edges? Mine being a cheapo spec doesn't have them.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner