Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 141039 times)

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Great action shots Gasco, once again it's good to see the Ed40 actually doing a bit of Clubsport action.

Don't worry Watts, the Clubsport driver will have had ambient envy when he saw you!

I may be coming up short in the 'fully getting the gist of that comment' department, now I'm feeling even more inadequate :cry:

The Clubsport lacks the interior ambient lighting that other Performance Golfs get.
No red stripes lit up or footwell lighting or even the natty little LED that lights up the interior door latch thingy. Unless the Clubsport had leather, in which case you can feel very inadequate indeed. And likewise so can I.

Now that did make me chuckle  :grin:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
Strange light coming from driver and passenger footwells of my Clubsport.

Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time

I'm sure said Clubsport driver will have come up against a FL R and had the same inadequacies not having a handlebar moustache front bumper, or a 7th gear with which to get to 70mph with on the motorway, and that's before we get to tailpipe inferiority and lack of a rear axle for when you want to behave dangerously in the wet on public roads. Clubsport owners don't have it all good i'll have you know.  :kiss:

Look forward to meeting one, twisty B-road would be nice or even better on track  :wink:
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline NK

• Not said much yet
Still miffed by the variation in spec, particularly the red trim seatbelts and door sills which should have "GTI" illuminated.
Had emailed  vw.uk, vw.de and even copied the ceo (mueller) as to the reason for this variation. I wanted.
Loads of false answers were received , the last being that red trimmed seatbelts were never for the UK!
This doesn't explain why UK cars with this feature  appear on the classified ads!
Completely dislike VW as a result.  No reason to be so careless with  the production of the Ed40 CS and so deceitful afterwards

Offline clubsport

• I live here
It had to happen, this is the first Clubsport S I have seen offered at below list price, from a VW main dealer as well.

I am keeping my eyes open and will own one at some point, no rush, there are still a lot of "speculative" cars that need to be sold before enthusiasts will jump in! :)

I think it will be gone in the next few days?

https://00430.usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-20-tsi-gti-clubsport-s-310-ps-3dr/clubsport-s-k5bcfwu

Offline wigit

• I live here
It had to happen, this is the first Clubsport S I have seen offered at below list price, from a VW main dealer as well.

I am keeping my eyes open and will own one at some point, no rush, there are still a lot of "speculative" cars that need to be sold before enthusiasts will jump in! :)

I think it will be gone in the next few days?

https://00430.usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-20-tsi-gti-clubsport-s-310-ps-3dr/clubsport-s-k5bcfwu

I may have to take a gander as in Swindon tomorrow after I have weeped at what I can't afford at Porsche

Offline Clubsport S

• GTI forum regular
Looks like it's exactly the list price of £33,995 to me, although price on the website might have changed!

Shock horror someone has done nearly 5,000 miles in it  :smiley:

A good buy for someone  :wink:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Was that jjgreenwood's car? It's obviously done the 6 months company car stint and now on the forecourt if so.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
Was that jjgreenwood's car? It's obviously done the 6 months company car stint and now on the forecourt if so.

Yes its mine, but they wouldn't let me register it as a company car so I had to buy it. I love it - especially at the moment as its a great summer car. It is an extravagance when they give you a car for next to nothing though and the mrs isn't keen on it. Quite fancy driving the arteon so I've reduced it down. Funnily enough seeing 2-3 leads a day on it now its at retail, virtually nothing at previous inflated price. It'll be a good deal for whoever ends up with it, comes with its plate, the cup 2 tyres only have 700 miles on them as its on the yokos atm.

I'll be sad when it finally does go though  :cry:
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
jjgreenwood - ahem, while we have your attention, would it be possible to find out from VWUK exactly how many Clubsports (not CSS) ended up being imported - as an owner, I would be very grateful and interested to know. :smiley:  I have tried myself but they just quoted the original press release number of 1,000 - I reckon there's only around 800.

Also, good luck with your sale, I doubt whether it be around long at that price.  :cool: