Author Topic: CSS - lack of space saver -mobility kit  (Read 8750 times)

Online Sean G

• GTI forum regular
CSS - lack of space saver -mobility kit
« on: 08 December 2016, 22:45 »
Looking some input here
Regarding the lack of space saver or mobility kit I've bought a space saver and intend to fit the tool kit inside the rim and buy a wheel protection bag to put in the car when I would go on a longer journey However I noticed there is no where to mount/screw the wheel to the floor . I'd thought of a luggage net but as the car doesn't have the adjustable floor the mount points for the net will sit a few inches above the floor and won't secure the space saver.
Anyone any ideas on how to secure this on the occasion I want to put it in the car
Was going to buy a weather tech floor mat to put over the rear if we go away for the weeekend and want to put luggage in the rear and that should cover the space saver but looking at pics of a standard boot floor and that the CSS I'm not sure the liner will fit as the side panels look slightly different
Just want to make sure should anything happen I don't have a space saver and tool kit unsecured.
I'll buy the mobility kit just to have in the car for shorter journeys as a fallback

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: CSS - lack of space saver -mobility kit
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2016, 23:16 »
Covering it with a net or floor mat could be fatal in the even of a collision.
You'll really need to secure it somehow. In fact even any luggage in there might cause problems in a collision as there are no rear seats to prevent things coming flying at you.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Online Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2016, 23:36 »
Covering it with a net or floor mat could be fatal in the even of a collision.
You'll really need to secure it somehow. In fact even any luggage in there might cause problems in a collision as there are no rear seats to prevent things coming flying at you.

Totally agree that why I need a method of securing it.
The luggage net and a couple of straps should keep an overnight bag in place on the load liner.
Just don't want to beat round the ears with something flying  around inside the car should anything happen

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2016, 06:47 »
I wouldn't bother with a spare unless it was a full size one anyway, even if it came with a space saver
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline vipergts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2016, 14:00 »
Any of you guys know what exactly does come with it.

I emailed VW but ABSOLUTELY FOOK ALL response.

Online Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 09 December 2016, 16:31 »

Lee will check the car tomorrow when I'm at the dealers but I didn't see anything

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2016, 16:33 »

Some gunk?
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Online Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2016, 12:09 »

Nothing in it but the toe eye will now be supplied
The space saver fits in the boot and can be screwed into place
The tool kit will need to be the type that fits into the wheel or if using the new type of tool kit you'd need to Velcro it into place
Also looks like the low level load liner fits so that would cover the spare and the tool kit

Offline WWCSS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 December 2016, 19:24 »
My dealer gave me the compressor & gunk kit included - they agreed that it's ridiculous not been given any means of fixing a flat.
2016 GTi Clubsport S Diamond Black Pearl (current)
2008 R32 5 Door DSG Diamond Black Pearl (current)

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 12 December 2016, 13:48 »

Fit front tow hook to Golf GTI Clubsport S

VW1386-16
|

12 DEC 2016

You must fit the front tow hook to Golf GTI Clubsport S models. The hook is a requirement of UK law so make sure it is fitted before the car is registered or handed over to customers.

Order the hook (part number 8K0805615) and claim for it in SAGA/2 using the code 1CS.

Golf GTI Clubsport S models have been shipped without the hook, although the cap and bolt on the front bumper are present.

Black roof

In May when the vehicle was first unveiled, the teaser communication on Desktop and in the press stated that a black roof was planned on all models along with the line 'exact price and specification is yet to be confirmed.'

Between this press release in May and the open for ordering date in August orders were taken for all 150 models. The final specification (VW0926-16) included Discover Navigation and heated seats that weren’t listed in the May press release.

Specification

When we released the final specification in August we believed Front Assist and Light and Sight pack were not available on the GTI Clubsport S but it is apparent that these items have been built on UK models.

This limited edition model was outside of any normal set-up, configuration and sales process and so the customers benefit from these items without them being built into the price of the vehicle.

We are writing to customers to clarify the black roof, but please make your customers aware of the additional specification.

No emergency inflation kit or spare wheel

To save weight, the Golf GTI Clubsport S does not come with an emergency inflation kit or spare wheel. See VW0926-16 for more information.
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS