Author Topic: Emission Service Action - GTD  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Starfox

• Not said much yet
Emission Service Action - GTD
« on: 27 October 2016, 12:53 »
Finally got my letter through telling me my MK6 GTD was to be brought in to get the emissions problem fixed.  Letter is claiming there will be no change to power or fuel consumption.

Has anyone done this here?  Any experiences to share?

Thanks!
2011 MK6 GTD 5dr Carbon Grey, 18" Charleston, Xenons, ACC, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Front & Rear Sensors, Winter Pack
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/645595.html

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Emission Service Action - GTD
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2016, 14:00 »
ADAC - the German equivalent of the AA - have tested engines (provided by their members and without VW knowing they'd be tested) before and after the update and noted only very small changes, i.e. within the repeatability / reproducibility of the test equipment. In the real world this means no change.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2016, 14:44 »
There have been very mixed results on the Passat forum that I use. Some say they have noticed no differences, others are reporting lower performance and higher fuel consumption under certain conditions.

I'm not taking either my Golf or Passat in for the 'fix' I'm happy with them as they are, so don't see the point in taking the risk. It's not mandatory, so I'll leave it up to the next owners to get it done, should they feel that way inclined.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2016, 15:42 »
Ive had my dpf removed so im waiting to get absolutely rinsed by the dealer

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2016, 16:42 »
Why would you even take it in Matty? I can't remember if yours has been remapped, but if it has, that will get wiped.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Starfox

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2016, 17:04 »
That was my next question - do you have to take it in at all?

Or if you brought it in for the next service would they try and do it even if you didn't want it done?

Interesting notes on those tests itavaltalainen  :smiley:
2011 MK6 GTD 5dr Carbon Grey, 18" Charleston, Xenons, ACC, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Front & Rear Sensors, Winter Pack
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/645595.html

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2016, 17:12 »
If you take it in to the dealers for service or whatever, they have a form for you to sign to say that you have declined to have the work done. My local dealer keeps calling me to arrange for me to take the cars in. I've told them that I don't want it doing, so they say I'll need to sign the form the next time I go in. The thing is, the cars are 5 and 6 years old, so won't be going back to the dealers at all.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2016, 23:26 »
Oh, i just assumed i kinda had too no not remaped as such just dpf is mapped out it blocked i wasnt paying vw £3000 odd for a new one

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2016, 22:57 »
I had a letter a couple of weeks ago saying still no solution for my GTD?!  :rolleyes:

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2016, 13:33 »
I've had 4 letters from VW about this, the last one was before Christmas saying I need to book it in at a dealer. You can Google this problem on loads of VW forums talking about it. Users say they have lost performance and economy even though the letter says otherwise. I you do loose performance and economy it can't be changed back to original software.

I will ask them at my dealer but I won't be taking it in for the software update.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.