Author Topic: GTD Spec query  (Read 12041 times)

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
GTD Spec query
« on: 23 July 2016, 19:26 »
Hi

I'm currently looking at a GTD with DSG to replace my soon to be 5 years old Vauxhall Astra Elite CDTI  Auto. Yes I know diesels and autos are not perhaps the cheapest to run but for the size of car I need .... needs must as they say.  To be honest the Astra has been a decent car for me BUT, they've completely chopped the Specs/engine performance, I'd lose quite a lot if I went with an Astra again.

Anyways I have always fancied a Golf, my brothers have had several between them, Mk 2 3's 4 and a 5....  So I thought why not?  Will be ordering in the next month, my lease is up mid October.

However, I'm a bit flummoxed about what's included standard and not Standard equipment...  the website configurator is down for me at the moment and I visited the dealer last weekend.  I was told one thing and yet the "personalised brochure" he sent me says different.

This will be a Motability lease car and has to be the DSG 5-door. 

So My queries (apologies for the waffle)

Dealer said heated seats were an option.  Personalised brochure says the car has "winter pack" as standard, from my research winter pack includes heated seats.  Am I correct?

Lane Assist -  Is this standard ?  I found the online "Create the perfect golf" tool, and when I managed to get it working it seemed to imply this was standard equipment after I answered the questions, but there's nothing to suggest this in the Brochure I was sent.

I'm hoping the Dealer gets me a drive.  They do have a GTD 5 Door DSG but its a pool car, Motability chap said he'd try and swing it for a day.  Need to chase that up this week.

The only thing I lose is leather interior, but for £1700 odd I can live without.  Plan to put a rear parking camera on it at least.  May put the Park assist on it as well.

Cheers

Offline Justinitus

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Spec query
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2016, 21:12 »
Welcome ASM1

Yes, winter pack (part of which are the heated seats) is now standard on new factory order GTD's.

Lane assist isn't standard.

I wouldn't worry too much about leather as the grey tartan cloth is perfectly nice. Rear camera seems a good option that many go for.

Talking to my dealer a few weeks ago, GTD's were running at 16 week delivery - I wouldn't leave it too long to order, unless you're happy to take a stock vehicle (if there are any about).

You'll love the GTD 👍
Current: 2017 Golf R Estate DSG, Pure White.
Previous: 2014 Golf GTD DSG, Tornado Red.

Offline Dinger19

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2016, 11:05 »
When we were looking a couple of weeks ago our dealer could not find any stock cars that was standard spec as they all had the option alloys at £995 plus loads of other extras. :sad:

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2016, 14:26 »

Unsure of Motability Lease conditions but if you are speccing Park Assist and maybe Rear View Camera as you said then the 'Parking Pack' which contains both would save you £40.

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2016, 18:46 »
Welcome ASM1

Yes, winter pack (part of which are the heated seats) is now standard on new factory order GTD's.

Lane assist isn't standard.

I wouldn't worry too much about leather as the grey tartan cloth is perfectly nice. Rear camera seems a good option that many go for.

Talking to my dealer a few weeks ago, GTD's were running at 16 week delivery - I wouldn't leave it too long to order, unless you're happy to take a stock vehicle (if there are any about).

You'll love the GTD 👍

Thank you -  I'm not going to leave it long to order but I do want a test of one first.  I want to make sure my wheelchair fits in boot etc  (cant think why it wouldn't) Once I've driven it then I'll put the order in.  My current lease ends Oct 19th.  I'm not that fussed about the leather to be honest, it has been standard on my last two cars due to Vauxhall's "Elite" spec but I wouldn't pay for it.

Unsure of Motability Lease conditions but if you are speccing Park Assist and maybe Rear View Camera as you said then the 'Parking Pack' which contains both would save you £40.

Yeah was thinking that too.  Probably will go with the parking pack.

It also tickles me how far diesels have come in the last 20 years in terms of Power and refinement.  :laugh:  My Astra peaked at 173.9 BHp (up from quoted 163, I had it on rollers a few years ago, I bet its not doing that now :wink:) and the GTD is 180 odd.  20 years ago when my brother had his MK3 GTI 16v it "only" had 150 BHP (supposedly). Although he always bemoaned the fact he didnt go for a VR6 :grin:

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2016, 17:19 »
Another daft question. Are paddle shifters on the steering wheel standard with DSG?

Offline Justinitus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2016, 18:09 »
Another daft question. Are paddle shifters on the steering wheel standard with DSG?

Yes, they're standard on the DSG GTD
Current: 2017 Golf R Estate DSG, Pure White.
Previous: 2014 Golf GTD DSG, Tornado Red.

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2016, 12:50 »
Good to know. Thanks. Still no word on my test drive though :sad:

Offline asm1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2016, 23:34 »
Just to round up the story.

Ordered on 28/08/16 - Checked out that my wheelchair fits in the boot of a 5 door fine so I was happy to go ahead.

Went for 5 door GTD DSG in Deep Black Pearl with Parking Pack.  Cant wait.

Am supposedly getting a drive next week sometime. Seems backwards but it would be nice to have a blat for a day.  Huge delay in that there was only 1 DSG GTD in Scotland,  my dealer had it as a fleet car, fleet then sold it which they weren't supposed to do  :rolleyes:.... but they now have a car to replace it.  Poor motability guy was doing his nut, as there were plenty of manuals but no DSG's :evil:

Offline Clanger

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2016, 14:18 »
To add to this discussion, I ordered my Motability VW GTD estate with DSG in Tornado Red on 31/07/16 and it took 12 weeks to arrive (but this includes 2 weeks factory shutdown).  Of course Motability did not let me have it before my VW CC lease ran out on 31/10/16 - spooky!

I found that the estate had more room for my wheelchair with footrests fitted and unfolded handles.  The wheelchair is bulky and would not fit in the five door hatch with bits removed.  Try before you buy.  The Octavia VRS is bigger as a hatch but not as well specced or finished.

I added park assist (which was essential with the CC) and the rear camera (useful for reversing into disabled spaces). I also got a full Gtechniq detail professionally done by a detailed beofre I got the car, which brings the Red out beautifully

Only run for 250 miles and am getting 41 mpg in eco but with full aircon on from cold in eight mile journey with 3.5 miles of roadwork queues. Normal is a smoother, better mode and Sport is fun but too frantic (& noisy!) for day-to-day.

Hope this helps.

[/URL]
« Last Edit: 13 November 2016, 16:08 by Clanger »