Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 301489 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #20 on: 04 August 2015, 17:54 »
I was just watching an advert fro the new BMW 3 series. A quick look on the interweb shows that the car was just 3 years old :o Remember the Mk6 was replaced after just 4 years. Maybe VW are going to refresh their cars more often?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #21 on: 04 August 2015, 18:42 »
I definitely read that VW are moving to 5 year update cycle post Mk7.
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 04 August 2015, 18:52 »
I was just watching an advert fro the new BMW 3 series. A quick look on the interweb shows that the car was just 3 years old :o Remember the Mk6 was replaced after just 4 years. Maybe VW are going to refresh their cars more often?

Also remember that the MK6 was really a MK5 facelift. The MK8 is likely to be a MK7 facelift, you'll likely only see big changes every other model. MK7 to MK8 is highly likely to be entirely superficial with some spec changes.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 30 September 2015, 14:24 »
I see that some information about an A3 facelift for 2016 is appearing. Also some German articles about a Golf facelift for 2016.

Are VAG going from a 5 year to a 4 year update cycle? Mk6 to Mk7 was just 4 years.

Perhaps someone can post links as it is difficult from my phone.

Offline J400uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 30 September 2015, 18:04 »
Mk6 was an exception, usually each generation of Golf involves a new chassis. So I'd expect the Mk8 will be the debut for an MQB Evo platform. Mk7 will probably have a longer life span than the  Mk5 and Mk6 did individually, but not as long combined, if that makes sense!

Audi usually do facelifts so the A3 8V will probably get an interim update to keep it fresh
2015 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 184 PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door Tornado Red

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 02 October 2015, 13:21 »
Mk6 was an exception, usually each generation of Golf involves a new chassis. So I'd expect the Mk8 will be the debut for an MQB Evo platform. Mk7 will probably have a longer life span than the  Mk5 and Mk6 did individually, but not as long combined, if that makes sense!

Audi usually do facelifts so the A3 8V will probably get an interim update to keep it fresh
You may be right about the Mk8.

Though I think that the 'traditional' Golf update cycle may change. If Audi are doing a facelift next year for the A3 so could VW on the Golf.

Here is the article I could not link to earlier...

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-facelift-2016-vorschau-5519781.html

From google translation... "The competition is not sleeping..."

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 02 October 2015, 13:39 »

Though I think that the 'traditional' Golf update cycle may change. If Audi are doing a facelift next year for the A3 so could VW on the Golf.

I think VAG have put far too much time and money into the MQB chassis to be ditching it after only 4 or 5 years. What needs changing? The MK7 ride and handling is superb, a real jump ahead of the MK5/MK6/Scirocco. Expect a MK8 in 2017, which will look as different from teh MK7 and the MK6 did from the MK5.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 16 April 2016, 22:04 »

Big Bump!!

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 16 April 2016, 23:59 »
http://www.auto-moto.com/nouveautes/scoop/scoop-volkswagen-golf-8-levolution-en-marche-19184.html

"The new Volkswagen Golf 8, ​​or rather 7.5, will land concession in the spring"

Can anyone translate French?

Illustration...
« Last Edit: 17 April 2016, 00:05 by Daz Auto »

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 17 April 2016, 07:55 »
http://www.auto-moto.com/nouveautes/scoop/scoop-volkswagen-golf-8-levolution-en-marche-19184.html

"The new Volkswagen Golf 8, ​​or rather 7.5, will land concession in the spring"

Can anyone translate French?

Illustration...

I don't know what others on this forum will think, but to me that grille and front end make it look more like a Peugeot.  Hope that is not the final actual rendering, and some magazine graphic designer has gone wildly off track retouching a random picture of a golf in photoshop.

I have noticed since the GTE came out all retouch images of golfs include the weird looking DRL's around the lower 'C' shape grilles.  I am unsure if I actually like those 'C' Grilles, to me they look a bit awkward.  :undecided: