Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773827 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7070 on: 19 August 2017, 18:43 »
Washed it for the first time in a month
I love C2v3 !!

Cracking job Kalimon :smiley: I used C2v3 and was very pleased but sold now on Finishkare wax, reasonably priced, pot lasts forever (not literally of course, but seems to), keeps working well for a long time too and the gloss seems deeper than the Gtechniq. I'm still using the C2v3 though, brilliant on both glass and the wheels.
Thanks Watts
I just prefer C2v3 to other products simply due to how quick and easy it is to apply and buff up.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #7071 on: 19 August 2017, 19:15 »
Nice one Finlonga - thanks for the pic and mini review, really helpful.

Think I am sold on getting one of these.  :wink:

Just one thing  - do you get any glare/reflections from the dash in your vids? If so can a polariser filter be fitted to it as it doesn't seem to say anything in the product descriptions I find on the net?

Oh, which way did you run your cables?

Cheers  :smiley:

Not really an issue with this camera as it is so close to the screen. There is a filter available on Fleabay and Amazon.

As for the cable between head liner and roof and behind "A pillar" and down rubber trim to fusebox.

Video sample below to show reflection.

https://youtu.be/wcj8SS__zY8

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7072 on: 19 August 2017, 19:20 »
I love C2v3 !!

That is some reflection, that colour looks so good with the red accents of the GTi

The only thing I use is Bouncers done and dusted but I want to try something different soon so might get some C2v3 to try.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #7073 on: 20 August 2017, 20:29 »
I love C2v3 !!

Very nice Kalimon well done  :grin:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7074 on: 21 August 2017, 21:03 »
Car is going into Lepsons in the morning for 2 Prets refurbing and new Michelin PS4S tyres all round, so gave it q quick wash tonight so it goes in clean and dug out my trusty Do Not Wash hangers.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7075 on: 21 August 2017, 23:46 »
Car is going into Lepsons in the morning for 2 Prets refurbing and new Michelin PS4S tyres all round, so gave it q quick wash tonight so it goes in clean and dug out my trusty Do Not Wash hangers.
 :

Prets refurbed, lady?drivers :rolleyes: I bet they're not too bad. Can't believe 3 months and mine still untouched? That's blown it. The Conti 5s have a vg kerb lip. Not sure if Michelins do?
What tread are left and what mileage did you get.
I have always swapped front to back at 4K miles, but maybe not as nescesary now with AWD.

Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7076 on: 21 August 2017, 23:49 »
I saw a brand new FL R on prets at the weekend on Pirelli P zero tyres and I couldn't believe how exposed the rims were on those tyres. It was almost like the tyres were stretched to fit. No rim protection on the rubber whatsoever.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7077 on: 22 August 2017, 00:16 »

Prets refurbed, lady?drivers :rolleyes: I bet they're not too bad. Can't believe 3 months and mine still untouched? That's blown it. The Conti 5s have a vg kerb lip. Not sure if Michelins do?
What tread are left and what mileage did you get.
I have always swapped front to back at 4K miles, but maybe not as nescesary now with AWD.

Yep, bloody lady drivers, shouldn't be behind the wheel. I made it nearly 21 months without a scratch on the wheels so not too bad really. I had one Pret refurbed last August when someone did a hit and run job on my car.  Caused £4K worth of damage, fled the scene - driver was a man, shocking!

Conti 5P come in two versions - one with a rim protector, one without. I've had both and the R came with the version without which ironically affords more protection than the versions with, but still I kerbed it. Better take another driving test or give up altogether.

Fronts are between 3-4m. I usually change at 3mm but as the car is going in they'll get swapped now. 13.6k which is 1.5k more than previous (usually get 12k by 3mm) accounted for by that extra 0.5-1mm).  Rears have plenty of tread as both were new on after the hit and run (new in rear always), but I don't do mismatched tyres, so all changed at once. All the outgoing Conti 5Ps are going to a very good home.
« Last Edit: 22 August 2017, 00:18 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline FunkyMunky

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7078 on: 22 August 2017, 09:27 »
Opted for some new wheels!  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 22 August 2017, 09:31 by FunkyMunky »
Pure White MK7 GTI PP DSG, 18" Belvedere alloys, DCC, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Keyless Entry, Winter Pack & Climate Windscreen

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7079 on: 22 August 2017, 10:18 »
That's very nice. I wasn't a big fan of those Clubsport 18's at first but that looks well.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.