Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2777823 times)

Offline FunkyMunky

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7090 on: 24 August 2017, 11:55 »
That car looks seriously lowered? Which would enhance the look if so.

Photo angle + old wheels on the back makes it look a lot lower than it is normally... but yeah it is on a slight spring drop too  :whistle:
Pure White MK7 GTI PP DSG, 18" Belvedere alloys, DCC, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Keyless Entry, Winter Pack & Climate Windscreen

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7091 on: 25 August 2017, 16:10 »
I went to the dealer because I noticed that two of my wheels have lacquer lifting and on the way had a cop pull straight out in front of me in one of those Nissan Leaf things on a roundabout. When I pulled up at the lights beside him at the lights and I told exactly what I thought of his dumb driving and asked if he was not supposed to be a professional driver to which the cop in the passenger side said 'they gave him a bloody Leaf, thats how professional he is' I nearly wet myself laughing.

As for the wheels, both need replacing, below is the worst one.

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7092 on: 25 August 2017, 16:48 »
I went to the dealer because I noticed that two of my wheels have lacquer lifting and on the way had a cop pull straight out in front of me in one of those Nissan Leaf things on a roundabout. When I pulled up at the lights beside him at the lights and I told exactly what I thought of his dumb driving and asked if he was not supposed to be a professional driver to which the cop in the passenger side said 'they gave him a bloody Leaf, thats how professional he is' I nearly wet myself laughing.

I must need new specs as I can't see much wrong with that :undecided: :embarrassed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7093 on: 26 August 2017, 10:48 »

I must need new specs as I can't see much wrong with that :undecided: :embarrassed:

Centre of the photo and right on the V
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #7094 on: 27 August 2017, 21:31 »
Yesterday did 350 miles in the R estate down to the Loire and whilst I do think Rs can be a bit boring the fact that they are a bit sort of makes it rather good

Perfect Q car for France with a turn of speed to upset the Peugeot owners who want you to get out of the way when you are waiting for the Renault owner to do the same thing, did enjoy engaging sport mode and giving them a wave bye bye before flooring it

French autoroutes are great for ACC, first time i have tried ACC in sport and makes you laugh how it accelerates back up to the preset speed

Even better did not see a R all day so no lease deals for the derv loving French

Certainly got the bug quota up

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7095 on: 27 August 2017, 21:45 »
Yesterday did 350 miles in the R estate down to the Loire and whilst I do think Rs can be a bit boring the fact that they are a bit sort of makes it rather good

Perfect Q car for France with a turn of speed to upset the Peugeot owners who want you to get out of the way when you are waiting for the Renault owner to do the same thing, did enjoy engaging sport mode and giving them a wave bye bye before flooring it

French autoroutes are great for ACC, first time i have tried ACC in sport and makes you laugh how it accelerates back up to the preset speed

Even better did not see a R all day so no lease deals for the derv loving French

Certainly got the bug quota up

Don't forget my bottle of Pouilly Fume :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7096 on: 28 August 2017, 14:26 »
A few incidents lately dented my love for this car. I even seriously considered changing it last week. A deal was on the table and I was tempted.

But I saw some sense! Got it serviced and spent a few hours cleaning it  :smiley: Saved myself thousands!!

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7097 on: 28 August 2017, 15:02 »
A few incidents lately dented my love for this car. I even seriously considered changing it last week. A deal was on the table and I was tempted.

But I saw some sense! Got it serviced and spent a few hours cleaning it  :smiley: Saved myself thousands!!

Glad to hear that the few issues you've had recently haven't swayed you Joe and it's looking stunning.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7098 on: 28 August 2017, 15:03 »
I saw a 17 plate R in DBP this morning and it looked fantastic. Much prefer it to Lapiz or white which is what you normally see the R in.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7099 on: 28 August 2017, 16:45 »

Now why would you want to chop that in Joe. Glad you've seen sense.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11