Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774176 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6480 on: 22 April 2017, 14:28 »
Not what I've done but what I need to do.
Discovered this on my passenger door this morning. No idea how it got there and it's about 2 1/2'' long  :cry:
Don't think it will hand polish out but I'll give it a whirl when I've calmed down :angry:

Aaaaaaarrrgggh!  :shocked: :cry:
Hopefully at least the worst of it will polish out  :sad:

Crisis averted, it's 99% polished out thank god.
My weekend was very nearly ruined before it had even got started.

I have the Kencha mod, prefer that to the dynamic ones.

As for spacers, can't be arsed lol, doesn't even bother me and I like my wheel bearings, Been there done that before. :grin:
Is the Kencha mod like OBD11/VCDS where they alternate?
I've not heard that term before, sorry if I've not been paying attention!

I had RGM sill protectors (I bought mine directly from RGM/Rearguards) on my R and found they sat quite proud and collected water when I cleaned the car.
There were even some paint scrapes off the bottom of the doors which obviously aren't painted super smooth by VW as it's an out of vision area.
I'd sometimes clean the car in a hurry and just have time to dry the outside paintwork before shoving it in the garage. I'd get back to it a week or more later and find there were still puddles of water sat on the sill guards as there was no room for the water to dissipate and drain off. Just a thought, the products themselves were good. be careful when fitting though because as soon as they touch the paint the sticky pads grab and the sill guard is stuck there so if you're a few mm out then that's that!
They looked good though and I prefer the contrast of black on the white paint.

I'm still deciding on which sill protectors to go for next.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6481 on: 22 April 2017, 14:48 »

Phew!  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #6482 on: 22 April 2017, 20:42 »
Had 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 4's fitted to replace the Bridgestones-the rears still had loads left but the fronts were about down to about 2.5mm so I thought Id get shut of all 4 ready for its 1st test next week.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6483 on: 22 April 2017, 21:08 »

Phew!  :smiley:

Close call glad it'all but come out nothing worse than a blemish
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6484 on: 24 April 2017, 09:17 »
Painted the rear brake disc hubs. They weren't that bad but enough to bug me as you can see them easily though the Pretoria's. It took longer to jack the car up and remove the wheel than it did to paint them  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 24 April 2017, 09:26 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6485 on: 28 April 2017, 14:54 »
Had my car serviced at Inchape Bolton today.
Impressed with the service and really liked the inspection video taken from underneath the car that I was sent.
The video showed very clearly that I had nail in my front drivers side tyre.
They asked me if I wanted them to repair it for £15 all in and I said to go ahead.
You guessed it, they scratched my Austin alloy :angry:
I could have taken it somewhere else to have the tyre repaired I suppose but they may very well have damaged the wheel as well.
I'm now waiting for the dealers response to the situation.

Three weeks since the damage happened so here's an update.
After promises of return phone calls that never happened, I emailed Inchape customer services and they responded straight away
and promised to chase it up on my behalf.
Inchape Bolton contacted me the next day and I arranged to drop the damaged wheel off so that they could organise an outside repair.
I spoke to them this morning and they said the repair company didn't feel that they could get the wheel back to looking exactly the same as the other 3 so Inchape are going to supply me with a new wheel.
I actually would rather have a wheel and tyre of one of the nearly new GTI's on the forecourt because there is always the risk that the new wheel will be damaged when they fit the tyre :rolleyes:
Hopefully everything will turn out fine in the end but it's so irritating when these very avoidable things happen  :angry:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #6486 on: 28 April 2017, 15:37 »
Good result,you could try and blag your way into keeping the damaged alloy maybe tell them your in a hurry and you'll pick the new wheel up yourself and sort the tyre fitting yourself.
Then stick the damaged one on eBay somebody will buy it from you.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6487 on: 28 April 2017, 19:02 »
I think if I managed to get to keep the damaged one I would just use it instead of the space saver
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #6488 on: 28 April 2017, 19:15 »
Painted the rear brake disc hubs. They weren't that bad but enough to bug me as you can see them easily though the Pretoria's. It took longer to jack the car up and remove the wheel than it did to paint them  :laugh:

Looks good, I'd like to do mine some time. What paint did you use, was it mask and spray or just brush?
« Last Edit: 29 April 2017, 00:24 by rwleigh »
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6489 on: 29 April 2017, 09:49 »
Didn't want to start a new thread but I'm thinking of this clubsport but does anyone have any info on it? It is number 757 but if you look at the second photo there seems to be a worryingly large part of the dash missing.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704174505197
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17