Author Topic: Black? 18" Vancouver alloys on candy White mk6  (Read 15849 times)

Offline danpage

• Not said much yet
Black? 18" Vancouver alloys on candy White mk6
« on: 13 August 2011, 19:27 »
Hi I work at a Vw dealer and just done the per delivery on my golf today and would like some thoughts on spraying my 18" Vancouvers gloss black it's on a 3door candy White gt. Not sure how they would look? Any thoughts? Thanks. Dan

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
Re: Black? 18" Vancouver alloys on candy White mk6
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2011, 20:30 »
Do what the hell you want Dan its your car?

I didn't think the dealer does the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) I was told they are all done at a central dept.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2011, 09:01 »
Hi Dan,

To give you an idea how they'd look you could try photo shopping the wheels black :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2011, 11:30 »
Do what the hell you want Dan its your car?

I didn't think the dealer does the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) I was told they are all done at a central dept.
It mainly depends what port they come in at were the main inspection and prep is done. But the dealer is still suppose to do a more simple PDI.

Black wheels... Its a personal thing but i have never understood it. People buy big wheels and the only time black wheels look even big is when the cars standing still and you can see were the alloy starts and the tyre begins. When its moving you could have 16" black wheels and no one would know the difference  :grin: Black wheels are the in things, its why all the young kids round mine have corsas and bini's with black wheels.
« Last Edit: 14 August 2011, 12:50 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline danpage

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2011, 17:53 »
Yea see what your saying will have a fink about it :). And the car is quality controlled at factory then has small checks when transported mainly to check for body damaged. We then do a pdi at the dealer which involves tyre pressures, removing transport mode, checking for any faults, plates, general check over. Fitting any mudflaps ect road test and fuel and removing suspension blocks. :) if anyone has any queries contact me Ive been a Vw technician for 5 years now :)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2011, 10:38 »
If you do decide to do it, how about using a second had set? (seeing as you will be essentially refurbing them anyway).

You could then sell your as new wheels either as a set, or individually to people after mint replacements. I know of several people who want just one wheel (me included), but they never come up for sale.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline DDg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2011, 17:06 »
Agree with dubbers idea. Having just kerbed a Vancouver and finding out today how difficult it is (i.e. impossible) to refurbish to standard on account of its half painted, half machined/lacquered finish it would be a shame to simply cover a good one in black paint.  I'd definitely swap my kerbed one plus cash for one of your perfect ones!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2011, 22:11 »
Then again no whiteworm to worry about.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2011, 22:19 »
True but if you scrape a black wheel it stands out like a flashing light.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 21 October 2011, 17:52 »
Monza shadows 2 look awesome on white. when my tyres ware out on my van vancuvers i,ll be getting a set :smiley: