Author Topic: Track time @ Brands Hatch @ Prept.  (Read 15843 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Track time @ Brands Hatch @ Prept.
« Reply #90 on: 28 August 2009, 12:33 »

Oh dear ! lol

BAANG !

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 28 August 2009, 13:13 »
Haha! Loving the callipers though!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #92 on: 28 August 2009, 14:09 »
I wish I could get down to the locations the pro's are able to use. It's really hard getting good shots when there are only 2 places to stand on a trackday when the rest of the stands are closed. Shooting through fencing is such a PITA!

Thing is a lot of the pro's shots are balls TBH.  They never allow any space for the surroundings in their shots, so the picture's generally pretty shat, unless you just want a big picture of your car going somewhere on 'any racetrack'. 

This is what I'd class as a good track photo:

Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #93 on: 28 August 2009, 14:25 »
I wish I could get down to the locations the pro's are able to use. It's really hard getting good shots when there are only 2 places to stand on a trackday when the rest of the stands are closed. Shooting through fencing is such a PITA!

Thing is a lot of the pro's shots are balls TBH.  They never allow any space for the surroundings in their shots, so the picture's generally pretty shat, unless you just want a big picture of your car going somewhere on 'any racetrack'. 

This is what I'd class as a good track photo:

Yeah that's cool shot. it also kinda reaffirms what I sadi as well. That was clearly taken right down at track level with no fencing in the way. Trying to get that kinda shot when your stood several meters above the track with a thick fence in the way is near enough impossible.

I agree though the pro shots that you pay for at these things are always very dull. It's generally just your car taking up the middle of the frame with little background to place it anywhere significant. I was quite impressed with the guys that shot the 928 day at combe though. They got a few nice shots looking down the circuit so you had your own car in the foreground and then the circuit and other cars rolling out behind which added some of the atmosphere of the day in.

nick

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #94 on: 28 August 2009, 14:39 »
Dam wished I'd gone, friend of mine lives 5 minutes from brands so could have stayed at his!

How much was it per lap?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #95 on: 28 August 2009, 14:43 »
£25 for a 20 min taster session. They'll probably be doing another night like wednesday in the spring.

nick

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #96 on: 28 August 2009, 14:45 »
£25 for a 20 min taster session. They'll probably be doing another night like wednesday in the spring.

nick

Awesome, I'll be up for that.  :smiley:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #97 on: 28 August 2009, 14:52 »
make sure the sail doesnt get caught on the bridge on the way up to druids  :laugh:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #98 on: 28 August 2009, 15:25 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:

Don't worry I shall probably have a small outboard motor on the tailgate  :grin: