Author Topic: 306 D Turbo - car #11, how long will this one stay for? place your bets..  (Read 15633 times)

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
I want powerrrr  :undecided:
going to find someone to do the torsion bar as I don't dare as I've heard bad things about doing it
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline shepgti

• I live here
At the end of the day you can't afford a car with power yet...

Offline luke

• I live here
cleaned the car a tad (paint is pretty much matte, so a bit of wet and dry and it's came up nice), and wheels painted black, and backbox is off as it was blowing plus it sounds a bit grunty
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline luke

• I live here
lost a bet, car is now painted matte grey (primer)  :grin: front numberplate relocated and dewipered on the rear, just needs to go lower as it feels like a mk3 on cornering
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
my mate has a D turbo. hes done the same with regards to fuel pump and turbo, his has been fine for ages, however another mate tried to be cocky and wound it so it was running max boost he could get, trurbo didnt last long :D

Offline luke

• I live here
my mate has a D turbo. hes done the same with regards to fuel pump and turbo, his has been fine for ages, however another mate tried to be cocky and wound it so it was running max boost he could get, trurbo didnt last long :D
fmic very soon then gonna go for 22 psi as that's safest you can do with the t2 turbo which i'm running, out of boost it's amazing on fuel, as soon as you give it some it drops  :grin:
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
Have you got a boost gauge yet?

This guy ran 28 psi. Look what happened..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taXrOTAZD7E
 :grin:

Offline luke

• I live here
Have you got a boost gauge yet?

This guy ran 28 psi. Look what happened..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taXrOTAZD7E
 :grin:
boost gauge at the weekend, at the minute it's running about 16-18 psi, but not definite for sure
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
boost gauge at the weekend, at the minute it's running about 16-18 psi, but not definite for sure
18 is safe and 22 the limit without heavy engine mods IIRC.

Does your lost bet mean it will be staying primered... or turning pink???  :grin:

Offline luke

• I live here
18 is safe and 22 the limit without heavy engine mods IIRC.

Does your lost bet mean it will be staying primered... or turning pink???  :grin:
the bet was if I could turn my £15 to £30 within 2 minutes at the bookies I have to spray it in primer, I ended up winning £40, 8 cans of primer later, I may go diablo red with carbon wrapped roof and carbon wrapped plastics
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi