Author Topic: My Leon Cupra R  (Read 9282 times)

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
Re: My Leon Cupra R
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2012, 13:31 »
I might need to have a word with you later Ben about the wheels as I want (read want and cant afford) to do mine in gunmetal.

Alright matey cool. They even said they will lend me a set of wheels while mine are being done which is a result.

very nice car mate i been wanting one of them for ages but funds wont allow  :cry:  :cool:

Ive wanted one for ages aswell mate I have always liked them. Sure you will get one at some point mate. My insurance went up quite abit bloody London prices and group 18 insurance.
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline km

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 29 March 2012, 03:01 »
my brakes need repainting, would love some tips off you if you don't mind :). along with some photos!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122617

tried that, but wasn't enough. if i'm honest,  i can't be bothered to take the calipers off either. don't mind about the inner side of the caliper :grin:

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 29 March 2012, 05:43 »
I'll be putting step by step pics up on cupra.net once completed mate. I brought brake caliper paint from halfords so will see how they come out. The more time you spend on preperation the better the results that's what i found last time i done some.
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 29 March 2012, 15:15 »
Lovely looking motor you have there....was wondering what colour is was until I saw the 3rd pic :grin:

Looking into getting a snow foam attachment too for my karcher, looks like it will be well worth it!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #14 on: 29 March 2012, 15:24 »
Very nice motor, I'm hoping to get one of these next....which could be some time at this rate. :undecided:

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 30 March 2012, 10:16 »
Lovely looking motor you have there....was wondering what colour is was until I saw the 3rd pic :grin:

Looking into getting a snow foam attachment too for my karcher, looks like it will be well worth it!

Snow foam is the best thing ever mate after using it I dont know how I managed without it all these years lol
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 04 April 2012, 09:36 »
I had glandula fever last week and im still not right but yesterday I decided to start cleaning the engine bay as I was going mad being stuck indoors. Theres some corroded nuts and bolts I wanna replace along with hose clips and all the hoses but its looking much better than it was.

Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 04 April 2012, 10:11 »
much better that is mate  :cool:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 04 April 2012, 11:09 »

Cheers mate getting there. Someone on edition 38 is breaking a cupra trying to get the slam panel so I can get it powdercoated matt black as mines got a few marks on it and im a fussy git lol
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #19 on: 04 April 2012, 13:17 »

Cheers mate getting there. Someone on edition 38 is breaking a cupra trying to get the slam panel so I can get it powdercoated matt black as mines got a few marks on it and im a fussy git lol

Put your oil filler cap on the right way then :grin:

Engine bay is looking pretty damn clean :cool: