Author Topic: (Service Plan) What's the latest anyone has left it...  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
What's the latest anyone has left it before taking out a service plan?
Can you do it on the day of its first service assuming the service comes before the first birthday of the car?

Service plan is £287.xx if I remember correctly, and my local dealer quoted me £167 ish for the first service meaning the next one would be just over £120 if I took out the plan, and as the second service should be a 'bigger' service that seems like better value.
The only issue would be getting the paperwork sorted by VW in time.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: (Service Plan) What's the latest anyone has left it...
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2016, 07:13 »
I'm interested in this, as tried to get it thrown in the deal on a Clubsport for free, but couldn't.

Think its still good value and worth having, so when can you add it at latest point?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2016, 12:42 »
There must be a cut off point if at all for adding the service plan.  I configured it on my GTI PP (current car) at date of order and it is great to take the car in for a service and not have to fork out the cash on the day.  I suspect they will try to avoid you specifying it on a later date form ownership as they do not want you using it for the third year which if like Honda would cost more than the first two years?

Offline SCOTTE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2016, 12:57 »
Im Sure I read somewhere that it only includes Two Minor services?

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2016, 13:16 »
"Price based on 18 monthly payments of £15.99 for a plan which includes the first two scheduled services. You can spread the cost or pay upfront. Terms and conditions apply."

What's covered is on this:

https://www.vwfinance.co.uk/content/sites/vwbank/vwfinancecouk/en/privatecustomers/how_agreements_work/servicing-and-maintenance.html

Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2016, 13:34 »
If you leave it for more than 3 months after purchase - of new car - then the cost goes up, IIRC its goes up from £15.99pm to £19.99pm for 18 months (or equivalent lump sum) to get 2 years cover.

Non new car plans are different prices
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2016, 16:41 »
My car was 6 years old when I took out my service plan, 2 minor services and one major plus 3 MOTs, I took it out when I had a major service done not long after I bought the car, so I have 2 minors left, 34 payments of £14
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2016, 20:04 »
What's the latest anyone has left it before taking out a service plan?
Can you do it on the day of its first service assuming the service comes before the first birthday of the car?

Service plan is £287.xx if I remember correctly, and my local dealer quoted me £167 ish for the first service meaning the next one would be just over £120 if I took out the plan, and as the second service should be a 'bigger' service that seems like better value.
The only issue would be getting the paperwork sorted by VW in time.

That's exactly the deal I got a couple of months ago.  Car had done 8400 miles and the dealer said the offer was available only up to 10K miles at the first service and I think it had to be before its 1st birthday.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist