Author Topic: "Houston we have a problem"  (Read 26854 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: "Houston we have a problem"
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2013, 20:51 »
^Thats brilliant!!!! :D ;D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Running Man

« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2013, 20:53 »
I can't read this at the moment just waiting for the soot clouds to clear  :laugh:

mjh_056

« Reply #12 on: 24 June 2013, 20:54 »
Prefer GTD wheels (not by much) - Me too prefer the GTD wheels out of all seen
It'll cost equivalent of £80 a month more for a GTI on my mileage - Mine is more with the lease + BIK and mileage
Don't care it doesn't have a red stripe on the grille - Do not actually like the red through lights but if it was just grill I would love the Iconic nature.
Don't care it has split exhaust - Me neither! - Chromed twin exhausts look great
Prefer tartan seats without red accents - Prefer the lack of red in interior too, think it blends as classy but understated perfectly
Don't care about red stitching on gearstick, steering wheel and maybe seats - Same as above
Otherwise it is the same car with same equipment - Honestly prefer the GTD styling inside and out, the only loss is not being able to say GTI to anyone given how that name alone carries such esteem

Driving a 170 BHP I know the performance is great and expect better with greater BHP + Torque in GTD due to it being in a GTI suit.

The delivery of that torque is always a thrill :)

For this thread I would say go GTI as it is obviously an issue due to that iconic name and red stripe but I think at outcome of this we all going to be very happy and thrilled with purchase be it GTI or GTD as we getting a vehicle that combines genuine performance in perfect balance with all other things we seek in our day to day journeys.

Some will save real money and others will feel their benefit from some additional badge kudos and the occasional times the 'point' second performance makes a difference.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 24 June 2013, 20:54 »
Getting a bit sick and tired of people always assuming your buying diesel due to company car costs. For me it's purely down to the fact a gtd is cheaper to run than a gti. all this tosh about the gti being a true drivers car and gtd owners will miss out on the driving experience, what a load of old s4it. The gti will be a great car but so will the gtd in entirely different pleasurable ways.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

mjh_056

« Reply #14 on: 24 June 2013, 20:56 »
Tough choice  :grin:

I think I prefer the GTi :laugh: :evil:

vs

Genius! haha, ok forget all I have written it is GTI all the way *Hubba Hubba*

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 24 June 2013, 20:59 »
Getting a bit sick and tired of people always assuming your buying diesel due to company car costs. For me it's purely down to the fact a gtd is cheaper to run than a gti. all this tosh about the gti being a true drivers car and gtd owners will miss out on the driving experience, what a load of old s4it. The gti will be a great car but so will the gtd in entirely different pleasurable ways.

The vibrations?? :-X

Sorry, couldn't resist! >:D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 24 June 2013, 21:02 »

The vibrations?? :-X

Sorry, couldn't resist! >:D
:grin: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 24 June 2013, 21:02 »
Tough choice  :grin:

I think I prefer the GTi :laugh: :evil:

vs

As we're always being told, the GTDs are dirtier! :evil: :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Running Man

« Reply #18 on: 24 June 2013, 21:04 »
GTI forum

Don't see diesel cars on other comparable hot hatch forums?

VW Golf R

Ford RS or ST

Vauxhall VXR

Renault RS

Just saying................ :laugh:

mjh_056

« Reply #19 on: 24 June 2013, 21:04 »

Just stated in recent post that prefer the GTD inside and out for styling the only red I would maybe miss is on the grill. And as drive a 170BHP presently know the performance potential of a 184BHP being in exact same suit as the GTI - The torque never ceases to thrill me as power is delivered.

Think the biggest issue is one letter I as GTI is such an iconic name to point to it infects the mind! - If get beyond that the GTD in regular day to day use will be an immense car to drive - Look at latest reviews just posted in GTD as think they get the GTD fully.

I think those of us in 170BHP have a huge advantage as we know what is coming + more in performance in combo with the new MK7 improvements for GTI :) :)