Author Topic: GolfChick23 - mk2 1.6 driver  (Read 6387 times)

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
Re: GolfChick23 - mk2 1.6 driver
« Reply #10 on: 18 March 2006, 23:26 »
Well no pics tonight but needless to say i spent the day running usb extensions and power cables through the car to power the ush hub in my glovebox and to then continue running to radio slot as ill be installing a slot loadin dvd drive there so people can watch movies and play whatever music they like in the car. I also properly fixed my crossovers in the glovebox too as before it was finger tight and the nutts kept coming loose so ive gotten tiny screw driver and help it at top while fastening bottom. I can stop finding nuts all over my car now!! If i keep going at this speedy rate Im scared at how quickly ill finally be happy with the car!!
« Last Edit: 19 March 2006, 14:17 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2006, 14:19 »
Just been back outside and quickly connected up the power to the hub so it can succesfully power all four ports. So thought had take a quick pic of the glovebox while I was out there

« Last Edit: 05 April 2006, 23:55 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2006, 15:27 »
well ive done a fair bit of work since my last past and seeing as my projects page has now dissapeared to page two thought i better update it and bunk it back up to the top.

Still not got the ream beam on as Ive been waiting for a certain part that ive still not located. Heres some pics so you can see whats changed.

Did the door cards myself and bought the fronts and rear seperate.

Votex style console fitted plus fitted my new motorised touchscreen monitor and relocated my heater controls up a slot, I much prefer it that way.

need to buy some leather stuff really and get it plasterred on but im a little skint this month so it will have to wait, damn those tax disc thieving merchants!!
« Last Edit: 15 June 2006, 16:54 by GolfChick23 »

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2006, 13:14 »
well made a journey from essex to home again the other day and due to foolishly going through stoke i got stuck in an hour long traffic jam. Resulting in a few problems coming to light firstly the radiator fan was knackered squealing and sounding like a tractor, also the rocker cover seal leak got worse and oil was beginning to collect and also by the time i got back the exhaust was sounding slightly tractor like. Dad fetched new radiator fan and seal from gsf and stuck that on £36 great sorted the exhaust can wait. A week later it had gotten worse much much much worse, to proove how worse heres a picture i took just before we fitted a new standard back box on sunday

see very very bad but now the new one is on its amazing, i thought it was normaly and sounded good before the trim but now it just gently hums and sounds like a proper car not a tin bucket rattling along

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 15 June 2006, 17:53 »
well finally the weather was good enough to allow me to clean the car thoroughly as pose to no polishing during winter this is first time ive done everything since before winter. I Must say its looking mint

got loads of plans in the pipeline for it, mk3 dash and a new engine, however got holidays first and its end of month so im skint!

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2006, 12:53 »
well managed to get a few things done lately, decided i needed remote cl and luckily i have factory standard cl so it was just a matter of attaching the remote cl to my drivers door and it then activates the standard cl. Due to the way i did soundproofing before i couldnt get access to any bits i needed so decided to rip it off and redo it again on both doors and the bootfloor too, try to stop a few of those rattles. I also left the spare out in the end due to fact it took me an hour to get to it and a lot of disconnecting there is just no point havin the extra weight when i cant even get to it! I also purchased some new m3 red/crystal rear clusters and a new steering wheel as i just didnt like the look of the old one any more. Ive got new fog lights sat waiting to go on, just waiting for the fog light brackets to arrive now and im collecting a colour coded plinth later on to smarten up the rear a bit and then ill fit a punto rear wiper arm too i think.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2006, 23:25 by GolfChick23 »