Author Topic: THE ENGAGEMENT RING (1991 PEARL GREY) 8valve  (Read 15437 times)

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
THE ENGAGEMENT RING (1991 PEARL GREY) 8valve
« on: 16 November 2012, 21:36 »
Original Irish Car  Pearl Grey 8v Mk2

Anyway....
The story goes like this, I bought this car in late 2006 drove it for about 8 months, got a job with a subsidised jeep so i left it lying up in their yard for a while and then brought it home and left it sit, it had slight running issues and wouldnt start, so i just left it there, myself and my longterm missus decided to get married and something had to go to fund a new Engagement Ring, so this was it, I sold it to a member of Vagdrivers.net Wesley, and he got it running, during his ownership he fitted G60 front brakes, G60 steel wheels, 16v rear lights, and i think the German plates, im not sure what else, i think just general service bits and pieces and put it through the test (im sure if ive missed anything Wesley will fill the blanks), I got a folder full of receipts with the car for service bits and NCT test certs dating back to 2009, its a real credit to the owners who had it after i did, I put up a post last week on http://www.autostadt.ie asking had anyone seen it and member (Dent Doc) got in touch to tell me he'd done a bit of work on the scuttle and driver door upper hinge and fitted a windscreen, he gave me the owners number and a deal was done, so I headed to Charlestown Mayo West of Ireland yesterday to bring her home, thats it really in a nutshell, (SENTIMENTAL VALUE) the plan is to get a non sunroof roofskin fitted as it leaks like a sieve and nobody could source the correct seals or motor, and just a general service... C + C's welcome....

« Last Edit: 17 November 2012, 09:18 by Si-Ireland »
some people you meet in life leave footprints on your heart, others make you want to leave a footprint on their face!

Offline Crunchie

• Not said much yet
Re: THE ENGAGEMENT RING (1991 ATLAS GREY) 8valve
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2012, 00:23 »
Nice car. Looks more pearl grey in the pictures tho?

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
Re: THE ENGAGEMENT RING (1991 ATLAS GREY) 8valve
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2012, 09:19 »
Nice car. Looks more pearl grey in the pictures tho?

Thanks mate you are bang on i checked the boot sticker and she is LA7U Pearl grey
some people you meet in life leave footprints on your heart, others make you want to leave a footprint on their face!

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
Re: THE ENGAGEMENT RING (1991 PEARL GREY) 8valve
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2013, 02:17 »
im on the hunt for electric unpainted mirrors and window regulators, pm me please if you have and are willing to post to Ireland...

Simon
« Last Edit: 11 January 2013, 23:29 by Si-Ireland »

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2013, 00:15 »
Engine bay, it came with a brand new battery, and i also notice it has sound deadning under the bonnet, not sure whether it was there previously or not

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2013, 00:17 »
the headcloth was in a bad way due to to the roof leaking and so removed all associated plastics are in the boot, the seals had perished and the motor didnt work....

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2013, 00:18 »
German Plates Gone, Back to Standard........

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2013, 00:20 »
A few nice bits and pieces from a car being broken in the UK, I have a better condition centre console than the 1 in the pics

The Loom to put it all together

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2013, 00:23 »
And just to finish for now, Ive sourced a non sunroof skin which is at the panel beaters being removed from the old frame along with the strengtening bars, the car goes in for surgery next Thursday, Photos to follow.....

Offline Si-Ireland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2013, 13:58 »
Its the little details that keep me happy,

Another 2 Items off the wishlist