Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627468 times)

Offline MBCGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #90 on: 12 February 2013, 16:53 »
Liking the black badges, where you get them from  :smiley:

Bought them off the bay, £30 which I was quite impressed with.  Just searched for them but I would imagine its a little bit of a gamble as to quality.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #91 on: 12 February 2013, 17:47 »
Liking the black badges, where you get them from  :smiley:

Bought them off the bay, £30 which I was quite impressed with.  Just searched for them but I would imagine its a little bit of a gamble as to quality.

:smiley: will have a mooch cheers,
Where did Hurdy get his from any ideas ?
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 13 February 2013, 11:37 »
first service with no issues, front tyres down to 3mm i 9k so must be trying, traffic chaos by dealer meant they could not get up to speed for wind noise issue

let the 2013 modifications commence

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 14 February 2013, 06:57 »
Fitted a Forge Intercooler and twintercooler, thought it would be rude not to fit both as i got them at a great price off another forum member :wink:  not had chance to fully test it out yet, still feels really responsive and not laggy, only time will tell when this crappy weather clears a bit,
Think i will pop into the local Revo dealer today and see if there is any updates for the stage 2 map or go stage 2+ (S2 now been on for about 2.5 years)

Loving the 7R

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 14 February 2013, 17:44 »
Fitted a Forge Intercooler and twintercooler, thought it would be rude not to fit both as i got them at a great price off another forum member :wink:  not had chance to fully test it out yet, still feels really responsive and not laggy, only time will tell when this crappy weather clears a bit,
Think i will pop into the local Revo dealer today and see if there is any updates for the stage 2 map or go stage 2+ (S2 now been on for about 2.5 years)

Been to local Revo dealer today, no stage 2+ available for the mk6, 2+ is for the mk5 after fitting the HPFP which the mk6 already has fitted,
So no need for any alterations as the car will adjust itself  :smiley:
Loving the 7R

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 15 February 2013, 19:14 »
Finally cleaned my car after about 6 weeks without a wash! Finished just in time b4 it got dark, so no pics I'm afraid  :sad: Will upload some pics 2morrow if its not already dirty!
« Last Edit: 15 February 2013, 19:20 by Snooze »
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 15 February 2013, 19:32 »
Made the wise decision to leave it at home and not bring it down to Kent, muddy tracks and way to many pot holes on rural lanes, the 500 has been well and truly abused

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #97 on: 15 February 2013, 19:50 »
Given mine a good cleaning today after having to use it last week, due to the Passat being out of action. It's all nicely tucked up in the garage again now.

This OCD behaviour is going to have to stop. A potential Passat replacement that's on the horizon will put an end to it. I'm going to have to use one of the cars, so may alternate them week on, week off or something.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 15 February 2013, 21:30 »
Washed the wheels and exhausts. At work all weekend then off for two days so she'll get a proper clean then.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #99 on: 15 February 2013, 22:51 »
Made the wise decision to leave it at home and not bring it down to Kent, muddy tracks and way to many pot holes on rural lanes, the 500 has been well and truly abused

Tell me about it!  The state of the rural roads here is shocking.  Hit a bad pot hole yesterday and the jolt was horrifying.......my poor wheel  :sad:

Given mine a good cleaning today after having to use it last week, due to the Passat being out of action. It's all nicely tucked up in the garage again now.

This OCD behaviour is going to have to stop. A potential Passat replacement that's on the horizon will put an end to it. I'm going to have to use one of the cars, so may alternate them week on, week off or something.

Dubber36 if you want to indulge your OCD, you can come and clean my car after every trip out! 
« Last Edit: 15 February 2013, 22:57 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11