Author Topic: New to the forum problems already  (Read 14404 times)

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
Re: New to the forum problems already
« Reply #20 on: 08 May 2019, 08:01 »
I hope to god you are right. What made you say it wasnt the turbo?

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 08 May 2019, 15:36 »
So the answer (or at least part of it) was in the fourth reply..

Glad it's sorted (ish)

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 09 May 2019, 09:45 »
Right guys after 2 days of decent driving without problems
The hiccups started again. So as already mentioned ive changed the maf and coolant temp sensor. The guage is fine now sticks at 90 in town and drops sloghtly when on the .otorway and not belting it.

What else should i change, i came across a thread where it was mentioned that if your turbo makes a flutter noise when off the gass like a bird churp could be the dv? Alsoblooking into changing the n75 anyone have a part number for this bdw my car is an AUM not a AGU as i previously mentioned.

Even if these were at fualt wouldnt explain the choking i still get when im not on boost between 1k to 1750 revs

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 10 May 2019, 11:10 »
Also coming across the n249 valve too i am so baffled now. Also one of my codes were
Boost pressure control valve n249 mechanical vault.

Could this be the problem and just noticing that my temp guage again is not really stable again gets to 90 in town after say 20min of driviing but motorway again drops significantly back to the 70 75s

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2019, 22:11 »
If the temp gauge is dropping when cruising you need a new thermostat. Unlikely to be causing too many issues as the problem with the sensor being faulty is the ECU gets false readings re the engine temp so fuels incorrectly.

If you're getting a few different fault codes then best bet is to take it to a reliable mechanic who has experience of these engines to diagnose (ie; avoid the last two you went to who had no clue).

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2019, 10:25 »
Gues so anyone know any good vw mechanics in and around london

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 12 May 2019, 21:52 »
Changed the n75 valve today car seemed slightly better but still erratic boost. Got some carb cleaner today will tackle the throtle body tomorrow night see if that fixes anything. Also im begining to think the tempreguage issue is either a thermostat problem now or the Haas item i biught from ecp is shiddy and gone already because 1st day or two it worked well

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #27 on: 13 May 2019, 20:31 »
A faulty temp sensor won't shut off the choke so you'll be burning fuel for fun. N249 is the valve which gets a signal from your ECU and controls when your DV opens. It's completely unnecessary though as the vacuum from your engine will open it so you can bypass it, plenty of guides around on google to show you what to do.

Which make was the thermostat? Some are better than others, I have used a Meyle item and has been good for a few years now.

As for your electronics questions a dead speaker will show up on VCDS if you still have the standard VW headunit.

The temp sensor fault code will show up as you've unplugged the sensor, might have also been the same with the MAF sensor. Also what make was the MAF sensor? Genuine Bosch units may seem expensive but I've not known a cheap one to last very long at all

BTW I would steer clear of those mechanics, as Barry said they are talking a LOT of sh*t. I bet they would have offered to buy the car off you too

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 15 May 2019, 15:19 »
Thanks for your reply wazzer. The temp sensor was a Haas from euro car parts. Basically the temp guage sits at 90 in town but always drops to 70 75 on motorway speeds. So im guessing thermostat is turning on too quick and cooling the car down prematurely.

So recently i cleaned the throttle body out was prettty gunked out but not to a extent where i thought it was out of the ordinary considering the car was running rich according to previous fualt codes. And i just fitted a forge 008p dv. Car feels normal under 2k revs now this could be due to the throttle body clean. But in boost again its very erratic lots of flat spots between 2.5 to 3.5k then it picks up again does feel better at least im not having the sudden powerloss as if ive hit the brake. I personally cant think of anything else just picked up a bargain mk4 r32 alloys with almost new tyres for £200 as well car looks great but this situation is killing me now cant enjoy the car :sad:.

Basically so far:
Ive changed the maf bosch oem
Changed the temp sensor Haas brand
Changed the dv forge 008p
Changed the n75 valve to a prefix E not the J everyone seems ti slag off
Cleaned the throttle body
Checked most of the hoses i could without going to deep seem fine no visible or audible leaks.
Got a turbo cleaner now gona run that through it today any one done this before where do i exactly spray this?

Also any other suggestions?

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 15 May 2019, 15:26 »
Also any ideas how to post pics since photobuckets down