Author Topic: Dubster2 - '91 16v with hot interior :)  (Read 51932 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Dubster2 - '91 16v with hot interior :)
« on: 29 May 2007, 21:25 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
Re: Dubster2 - '91 16v with hot interior :)
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2007, 22:44 »
Just though I'd put up some pics showing what it was like when I first bought it and showing what I've done to it along the way until now. Will add new ones in sequence when I get the time!

I spent over 3 months looking for a decent solid one that wasn't chavved up, in good condition and had a decent amount of history. It had done 96k miles and had a lot of history including every MOT since new. It needed a bit of TLC as you can see-especially the paintwork which was rather mat in finish and the black trim was rather grey! The interior was pretty good though.

You'll see various nice interiors along the way until the near the end which is the one that I'm keeping!

Here's when I first bought it and the end of July '05:

« Last Edit: 20 September 2010, 12:03 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2007, 22:54 »
Clay-barred the whole car, then masked up the black trim and started the Meguiars 3 stage cleaning system. This still wasn't enough and the shine wasn't there, so went over the whole car with Farrecla G3 (bloody hard work that was!), then G10, then then the Maguiars 3 stage system. Also fitted some crystal M3 style rear lights, the crystal headlights from my old CL , some MTS crystal front indicators and crystal side repeaters with black seals-the white ones go all dis-coloured after a while! Also fitted some German plate holders with new no. plates, a Kenwood stereo and Boston acoustics front component speakers.

This is as it was in September '05:

« Last Edit: 03 November 2007, 23:20 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2007, 21:07 »
Added an original GTI front grill with a mark 4 Golf GTI badge and fitted the In-pro crystal spotlights from my old CL. Raised the rear coilovers as the rear was lower than the front, fitted a tinted window set with new rubber seals and laid the rear wiper flat.

February '06:

« Last Edit: 03 November 2007, 23:20 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2007, 22:42 »
February '06:

My GTI was used in a recreation of the original Golf GTI ad of the late 1980's for Granada TV's Best TV ads ever no.2. which was shown on TV last July. They used the original model/actress Paula Hamilton and filmed it in the original location. I even got to meet her and  and she signed an original GTI sales brouchure that I had!

« Last Edit: 03 November 2007, 23:21 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2007, 22:54 »
Early Spring '06.

Part of the exhaust needed replacing and I wasn't happy with how the standard rear box looked so I bought a Jetex full stainless system:

« Last Edit: 03 November 2007, 23:22 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #6 on: 05 June 2007, 00:50 »
Was going to get some new alloys, but suddenly found that every supplier of them in the UK had sold out! So would have to wait a while!

Fischer CD holder, Momo gearknob and pedals:

Phoenix gold multi-channel amp inside rear quarter panel, JL sub in temporary box and Hirshman aerial:

Gave the engine a clean and new battery cover:

Had a new tinted windscreen with top tint fitted and I also fitted some black front indicator lamps that hide into the bumper more:
« Last Edit: 24 December 2007, 02:44 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2007, 01:50 »

Finally my wheels arrived in late August '06!

Also got some black leather Recaro speed replicas:

An Auto acoustics sub box that mounts in the drivers side of the boot (not as stealth as the Audioscape one but probably better with the sound due to more space for the sub). The sub was for a 12" sub, so ended up selling my 12" one and buying a 12" JL sub and a JL sub grill:

And Boston Acoustics rear 6x4's to match the Boston Acoustics front components:
« Last Edit: 04 November 2007, 01:59 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2007, 09:30 »
Rear leather seat to match the front seats:

HID's:

And lowered the front a bit more:

« Last Edit: 04 November 2007, 02:16 by Dubster2 »

Offline Dubster2

• I live here
  • Dubs forever!
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2007, 23:22 »
March/April '07

Decided to sell the leather interior as it ended up costing far more than I though in the end (had got new door panels done as well, but never fitted) and I decided to keep it looking a bit more standard, but I wanted a nice interior in place!

I came across these seats, but they needed valeting, a bolster repair on the right drivers side for which I bought a new Recaro bolster and a pair of GTI seats in the same material as donor material for the bolster! The seats came without door cards, so I had to by another GTI set in the same material just for the door cards!

New Momo steering wheel:

Electric wing-mirrors which I'd had for a while, but took a while to get hold of the loom!:

« Last Edit: 04 November 2007, 02:16 by Dubster2 »