Author Topic: Pressure Washer: What do you use  (Read 11542 times)

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
Re: Pressure Washer: What do you use
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2017, 11:28 »
I went through 4 Krapchers in two years.  I`d never waste my money on another.

Then I bought a Nilfisk about four years ago and it`s been fine. It gets used every week.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2017, 18:19 »
Slight thread resurrection but here goes...

Well after a year my hose has split on my Karcher K2 - time for a new one and rather than get another standard one (which is utter crap) I think I've spotted the right replacement one.

It's this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KARCHER-K-SERIES-HOSE-10M-SCREW-FITTING-22MM-FEMALE-X-MALE-GUN-Q-RELEASE-PROBE/172845182714?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 and I think it's the right one for my washer.

However... the advert has a slightly different lance than mine - there's has a button to release the hose but mine is a C shaped clip you have to pull out to release it even though the actual attachment looks identical - is it the same fixing for both? I've messaged them to check but does anyone here know the definitive answer?
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 02 September 2017, 19:14 »
I have a qwashers replacement hose but it's slightly different to that one.  It has push in connectors at either end.  I use it on both a K2 and a K4 Karcher.  The item no longer comes up, but it is this one.  It pushes in but the PW also has a retaining clip to secure.

Probably best to wait to be advised by the company.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2017, 19:21 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline TweedsideR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 03 September 2017, 10:36 »
This is the one I bought for my Karcher K4 Eco. It has the push fit both ends. Brilliant piece of kit, far better then the original hose.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/180901516949?var=480158037669

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 05 September 2017, 00:23 »
This is the one I bought for my Karcher K4 Eco. It has the push fit both ends. Brilliant piece of kit, far better then the original hose.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/180901516949?var=480158037669

The original hose is crap, it's about as flexible as a Russian belly dancer!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 07 September 2017, 08:13 »
Take that back.
I've been to some "gentlemans" clubs that prove that statement inaccurate.
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #26 on: 09 September 2017, 14:31 »
I have a qwashers replacement hose but it's slightly different to that one.  It has push in connectors at either end.  I use it on both a K2 and a K4 Karcher.  The item no longer comes up, but it is this one.  It pushes in but the PW also has a retaining clip to secure.

Got a reply from Qwashers and ordered the correct one for my pressure washer only to realise that mine was only days out of warranty. Thought I may as well get it replaced and then I've got a spare hose should the worst happen. Halfords were really good and replaced it straight away but the new one has got quick connectors both ends of the pressure hose lol. Just messaged Qwashers to see if they'll swap it out (it's not even been connected yet) and awaiting a reply. I'm sure I'll be paying postage (I've been honest in my email to them) as they've supplied exactly what I've asked for but we'll wait and see. It looks exactly the hose you got with the quick connect both ends.

Cheers for your earlier help.
« Last Edit: 09 September 2017, 14:36 by Gnasher »
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 09 September 2017, 17:03 »

Got a reply from Qwashers and ordered the correct one for my pressure washer only to realise that mine was only days out of warranty. Thought I may as well get it replaced and then I've got a spare hose should the worst happen. Halfords were really good and replaced it straight away but the new one has got quick connectors both ends of the pressure hose lol. Just messaged Qwashers to see if they'll swap it out (it's not even been connected yet) and awaiting a reply. I'm sure I'll be paying postage (I've been honest in my email to them) as they've supplied exactly what I've asked for but we'll wait and see. It looks exactly the hose you got with the quick connect both ends.

Fingers crossed qwashers come through for you.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #28 on: 29 September 2017, 12:42 »

Fingers crossed qwashers come through for you.  :smiley:

They did! I was right and qwashers took me up on my offer of paying the postage - new hose arrived (identical to yours). Hopefully the weather will hold for the weekend and I can give it a test on mine (which looks like it's done a WRC special stage) and the first wash on Mrs Gnasher's new Qashqui.

However, great service from them, would definitely recommend them if you need a longer (and better) hose.