Author Topic: rear window washer jet  (Read 980 times)

Offline turbomick

• GTI forum regular
rear window washer jet
« on: 08 March 2011, 15:55 »
does any 1 no where it blocks up or snaps :huh:

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
Re: rear window washer jet
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2011, 16:51 »
Open the boot, then remove teh rear of teh head lining (will be a sepearte part). It simply snaps out of place with some gentle force. Then the most likely place for it to have come apart is just above the rear 3/4 panel ont he left hand side.

There is an L shaped connector which pops off if the tube gets blocked or frozen. You may notice some washer fluid stains on teh rear 3/4 panel too!

If not there, then I guess behind the boot lock on teh boot itself where it joins up to the washer motor?

Offline turbomick

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2011, 18:12 »
kk cheers pal

Offline bowesygtiturbo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2011, 18:22 »
I was Gona post this too as I checked mine at weekend I've got stains on rear quarter inside panel and when the wife operated the switch it was pouring out I'm so glad it's a joint and is easily fixed

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2011, 21:48 »
Yeah, 10-15 minute fix. You shouldn't need to remove any of the panels completely if its the join in the roof lining, just pull down enough to see what your doing / squeeze your hand in.

Offline symsymma

• I live here
  • AGU POWER,drive it like u stole it!!!
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2011, 21:57 »
Yeah, 10-15 minute fix. You shouldn't need to remove any of the panels completely if its the join in the roof lining, just pull down enough to see what your doing / squeeze your hand in.
+1 had to do this a few weeks ago quick easy fix.its a common problem wiv the mk 4.hard to get the stains out though it wil prob take a couple of weeks to dry everything properly.
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.