Author Topic: mk2 gti alpine white re-build :) :) :P  (Read 3122 times)

Offline mk3dubz

• Just got here
mk2 gti alpine white re-build :) :) :P
« on: 18 May 2012, 19:11 »
hi dubbers i bought this golf gti bout 5months ago now from a good friend and have always wanted to build one from a bare shell i have a thew ideas wot i want and where im going with this but any info or your know how that will help me along the way would be great :) i want to put a 2ltr abf on bike carbs in it and get a full respray in miami blue with polished porsche d90's coraddo dash and rear bench colour concept front seats all trimmed in tanned leather (bentley stitching) cross hair single headlights with debadged grill frenched boot lid with internal popper m3 crystal rear lights or all reds oh and dropped on coilovers :) let me knw wot ya think also a photo shopped pic would be nice many thanx dubbers :)

when i bought it

then i put some bbs rm alloys on it

i bought sum coilovers and dropped it abit :)

then i decided to strip it ready for the build first out was engine and clean the bay :)

took off the wings and found two holes this pic is drivers side :(

passenger side

then my mate called me and asked if i wanted his porsche d90's so i grabbed erm :)

i took my rm's off and fitted the d90's and this is how it sits today :)

its going for welding in a couple of weeks and maybe the respray fingers crossed will update when welding done thanx for looking :) :) :)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: mk2 gti alpine white re-build :) :) :P
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2012, 19:15 »
Looks a good base to work with....looking forward to see it progress. I'm currently rebuilding a Mk3 just now almost finished so take a wee look at my thread below.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0