Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 301763 times)

Offline Damion

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #500 on: 23 January 2017, 22:20 »
Love the lights, front and back look super slick, can't wait to see the R
2016 R!
2016 GTI PP Ordered and cancelled
2015 3DR GTD
2011 3DR GTD
2008 3DR 2.0TDI GT Sport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #501 on: 24 January 2017, 10:09 »
Hmmm the MIB3 unit appears to have lost the rotary inputs, now its buttons on the left (I assume that RHD models won't get a RHD version of the MIB3...). You've also lost all of the hardware buttons for nav/media/phone.

That's retrograde IMHO.

I bloody hate touchscreen nested menus, it takes your eyes off of the road! It's cost saving over driver safety.

The digital dash looks quite good though and I do really like the new lights front and rear.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #502 on: 24 January 2017, 11:29 »
Fred, maybe there will be more steering wheel button functionality. I'm with you on the touchscreen thing - OK stood still, but I find it hard to make precise inputs, on the move, and it does take your attention fro the road. This sort of thing should be progressing in a safer, easier to use, direction.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #503 on: 24 January 2017, 14:10 »
After watching the latest video link posted on this forum of the black GTI.  I am still not sure about the red stripe around the DRL lights on the headlights of the GTI Mk7.5 .  It looks a bit fussy and overkill to me.  I much prefer the cleaner lines of the current MK7 GTI red stripe.   :undecided:

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #504 on: 24 January 2017, 15:37 »
Really don't like the rear indicators or the wheels. Everything else looks different but not necessarily better :undecided:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #505 on: 24 January 2017, 16:36 »
Rear lights (the red bits) look a lot like the current Passat actually. I love the Audi-style indicator sweep. I know some people don't though.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #506 on: 24 January 2017, 16:46 »
I don't see the point in them, and when I'm stuck behind a new A4, they really bug   :sad:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #507 on: 24 January 2017, 16:52 »
I don't see the point in them, and when I'm stuck behind a new A4, they really bug   :sad:

You won't see them from the driver's seat  :cool:

There's no great point to them I guess... but anything that draws your attention to warning lights is a good thing. Compare the rear end of our cars at night with that of a MK4 or even a MK5 Golf. Fog lights have almost become redundant as the standard LED's are so bright and clear even in the worst conditions.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #508 on: 30 January 2017, 09:58 »
Apparently the GTI PP appeared on the Czech website a week ago...

http://cc.porscheinformatik.com/cc-cz/cs_CZ_VW/V/auv/130

My translation from a German forum said the DSG had a Co2 of 160g/km. The current DSG has a Co2 of 145g/km.  :undecided:

With the current exchange rate the GTI PP is £1,675 more.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2017, 10:03 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #509 on: 30 January 2017, 10:24 »
There are some weird things going on with the CO2 figures.

For example, I thought there used to be a difference on a GTI between 3 door and 5 door emissions figures? (certainly there were for the GTD)

And then, according to the current pre-FL VW UK configurator, a GTI is   148g/km for manual and 145 for DSG but if you add the extra weight and power of the PP it GOES DOWN to 139 for manual and up to 149 for DSG.

That makes no sense!

Well, I guess you can always say "yeah I added some more power to be greener" if you have a manual ;-)

But surely 7 speed DSG is supposed to decrease emissions.... not increase them!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC