Poll

Anniversary or LM Reps

Gunmetal annis
11 (64.7%)
LM Reps
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Anniversary Wheels - FITTED PG 19  (Read 23545 times)

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
Re: Anniversary Wheels - PICS ON PAGE 9
« Reply #100 on: 11 February 2009, 13:15 »
got to put some Poorboys wheel sealant on first  :grin: :grin:

How many coats you going to put on mate? Need to do this to mine before getting my tyres. Think i'm going to go for some falkens as well. Can't really beat that price for a good reviewed tyre.

that's what i've got one mine :afro:

keeps the safe and makes cleaning them so much easier too!

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #101 on: 11 February 2009, 13:23 »
and it smells nice too  :grin:

kells

« Reply #102 on: 11 February 2009, 15:04 »
continental sport contacts for me, 125 a corner :)

gotta send one of the rims back first tho as not quite happy with the finish on it

whats everyone doing about the centre caps, i.e getting them tight so they dont get robbed? think im gonna order a bbs tool through my mate at the dealer

will be jetsealing mine and giving them a good coat of wax

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #103 on: 11 February 2009, 15:13 »

gotta send one of the rims back first tho as not quite happy with the finish on it

whats everyone doing about the centre caps, i.e getting them tight so they dont get robbed? think im gonna order a bbs tool through my mate at the dealer

got me one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Centre-Cap-Spanner-Tool-BBS-RC-RS2-Golf-GTI-Anniversary_W0QQitemZ270342391125QQihZ017QQcategoryZ28648QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

:smiley:

kells

« Reply #104 on: 11 February 2009, 15:24 »

got me one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Centre-Cap-Spanner-Tool-BBS-RC-RS2-Golf-GTI-Anniversary_W0QQitemZ270342391125QQihZ017QQcategoryZ28648QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

yeah been lookin at these, do you think it will be safe to use, eg- wont mark them??

also id recomend some copper slip on the underside of the caps where it meets the wheel just so they dont stick on!

i noticed some corosion marks on the underside of my caps ( original untreated), did you? nothing major and i know you dont see it but i dont want it to spread and eventually go onto the outside under the paint... gonna  get my sander out and sand them off to be safe and paint the underside of the caps  :cool:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #105 on: 11 February 2009, 15:47 »

got me one of these

yeah been lookin at these, do you think it will be safe to use, eg- wont mark them??

also id recomend some copper slip on the underside of the caps where it meets the wheel just so they dont stick on!

i noticed some corosion marks on the underside of my caps ( original untreated), did you? nothing major and i know you dont see it but i dont want it to spread and eventually go onto the outside under the paint... gonna  get my sander out and sand them off to be safe and paint the underside of the caps  :cool:

should be - Steve_PD has one so he's the best person to ask - i've not got mine yet so can't honestly say but its the one he has recommended  :smiley:

yeah i do that whenever i take the wheels off etc - especially with all the grime on the roads recently  :sick:

yeah noticed a couple of marks on the caps but nothing too serious  :smiley:

just can't wait to get them fitted now!

kells

« Reply #106 on: 11 February 2009, 15:58 »
me too, the wheels look fantastic, i have to wait a bit tho to get one of mine re finished, their was some laquer thats a bit milky as tho its been put on too thick and dried a bit funny, hard to explain but he has agreed to re do the rim as all the others are perfect...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #107 on: 11 February 2009, 16:00 »
me too, the wheels look fantastic, i have to wait a bit tho to get one of mine re finished, their was some laquer thats a bit milky as tho its been put on too thick and dried a bit funny, hard to explain but he has agreed to re do the rim as all the others are perfect...

cool - glad he's sorthing it  :smiley:

get some pics up so i can see the difference between the two finishes  :smiley:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #108 on: 11 February 2009, 16:04 »
Look  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Have you paid for the tyres? Let me know when thay are ready to be collected  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #109 on: 11 February 2009, 16:11 »
Look  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Have you paid for the tyres? Let me know when thay are ready to be collected  :wink:

need to do some money shuffling first lol - funds are tight!!  hoping to order them early next week  :wink: