Author Topic: *****ATTENTION - "White" GTI and GT owners*****  (Read 9005 times)

Offline Tony D

• GTI forum regular
Re: *****ATTENTION - "White" GTI and GT owners*****
« Reply #10 on: 10 October 2009, 16:01 »
As stated above by another user, I too have heard this mentioned on various forums and I'm sure you're not alone.

Do a search on Google and see if it yields any other details.
Current: 

Tesla Model 3 Performance

Past:

2015/15 Golf GTD
2009/09 Golf GT TDI
2008/08 Golf GTi Edition 30
2002/52 Golf GTi 25th Anniversary
1997/P Golf GTi 20th Anniversary

Offline Vman

• Not said much yet
  • Golf R (Rising Blue)
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2009, 16:11 »
am i not right in thinking that in most if not all modern production lines the cars are painted by robots in hermetically sealed rooms meaning that there is no chance for dust and crap to get into the paint?? i would reject it as you say you have paid a lot for a car and you are nopt getting what you payed for

I work in a car plant and the chances of getting dirt in the paint is very low these days but, it does happen. We are not even aloud to wear deoderant for fear of contaminating the paint and that is no joke.
I get lots of black speccles in the paint, a little time spent polishing them out with autoglym them some good wax keeps on top of it,  only do this very 6 months and it looks like new. Also I seem to get the yellow like deposits too, I thought it was just the pollen from the flowers and trees being blown everywhere, but you it does show up a lot on whte.

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2009, 16:15 »
Hello,

my GTi is now 3 months old, i have blue speckles on the paintwork on the front bumper..........very small but if you look good you see more then just a little bit speckles.......

It looks like the car in front of my car was painted blue and the speckles on my bumper where paint brush.

My dealer can do nothing about it, except to paint again the front bumper, i do not know if i want that....

When washed, ill take a picture.
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 October 2009, 16:27 »
Glad I don't want a white one now...
Golf R

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 10 October 2009, 16:36 »
I have not even washed mine yet :laugh:

Still looks good for 4wks and 2.5kmiles though.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2009, 16:55 »
This has definitely been mentioned on this forum in another thread, by at least two people.  It sounds like a generic problem.

Has anyone found white spots on a dark-coloured car?

Rolfe.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2009, 17:13 »
No spots on my deep pearl black! just gorgeous flecks of blue (the pearl) which glisten when the sun shines on the car, not that that is likely today! the weather here is sh..e!! the mornings have been cold for the last 3 days and I have been using the heated seats, wow what a lovely feeling in the small of the back so glad I added that option! can see me using it regularly on a cold day.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline gjf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 10 October 2009, 18:12 »
I have a white Mk6 Gti and experienced exactly what you have said, mine had a brownish residue on all 4 wheel arches. Dealer got it sorted with a lot of effort by the bobyshop and glad to say it is fine now. The small black specs were mainly on the back of the car and o sorted those myself with a clay bar.

My personal opinion is they put some chemical protector on the wheels / tyres at the factory and it is this which stains the white paint as it splatters off when the car is moved about.

Offline DWGTI

• Not said much yet
  • 1996 GTI 16V
« Reply #18 on: 11 October 2009, 03:00 »
Im getting white, not orderd yet though! Scared now!

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 11 October 2009, 10:42 »
I don't understand why someone don't want to order a white one because of this, i mean, if it's getting on the white car's, why can it get to the other colours?
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......