Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626882 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #730 on: 25 July 2013, 15:23 »
Well not today but Tuesday I took my gtd and had a stage 1 Revo map loaded :grin:
Due to my previous tuner ruining my car I had to shell out money to get a proper map.

How does it feel now?

Last comment made me laugh, but a bit harsh....
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Marshy

« Reply #731 on: 25 July 2013, 15:31 »
How does it feel now? PERFECT
Nothing harsh at all after wasting £383 at sedox and no refund as they blamed my car and not the software this 100% proved my car was healthy.
Car is ultra quiet much much smoother and goes extremely well!
Mpg is has improved back to what it used to be too.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #732 on: 25 July 2013, 17:08 »
where did you go for it, was it a standard remap, or did you pop it on the rollers again...
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Marshy

« Reply #733 on: 25 July 2013, 17:20 »
Original remap done at Sedox performance Sunderland as you know.
Went to Revo dealer Konzept at Glasgow who flashed a standard map on the car and sent me away for testing to be sure I was 100% happy with the car in standard form. Even starting the car I knew instantly.
After I'd done 15 miles on standard map I was happy all the Sedox problems were gone.
I then returned to them and they installed Revo stage 1 software. We never dyno'd it we went on a 20 mile road test and the difference is huge.
On Tuesday Dave at Sedox offered me a Revo map at 40% off which I refused. Glad I did because after contacting Revo HQ it seems Sedox or pd tuning are not Revo dealers although they have a Revo authorised dealer sign outside!!!
Happy with the car in every way but disappointed that Sedox will not refund or partially refund my wasted £383.
As you know on the mk5 forum he and his fan boys tried to condemn my car and not the software.
How wrong he was and I've now got the proof.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #734 on: 25 July 2013, 17:28 »
Original remap done at Sedox performance Sunderland as you know.
Went to Revo dealer Konzept at Glasgow who flashed a standard map on the car and sent me away for testing to be sure I was 100% happy with the car in standard form. Even starting the car I knew instantly.
After I'd done 15 miles on standard map I was happy all the Sedox problems were gone.
I then returned to them and they installed Revo stage 1 software. We never dyno'd it we went on a 20 mile road test and the difference is huge.
On Tuesday Dave at Sedox offered me a Revo map at 40% off which I refused. Glad I did because after contacting Revo HQ it seems Sedox or pd tuning are not Revo dealers although they have a Revo authorised dealer sign outside!!!
Happy with the car in every way but disappointed that Sedox will not refund or partially refund my wasted £383.
As you know on the mk5 forum he and his fan boys tried to condemn my car and not the software.
How wrong he was and I've now got the proof.
was it stevie or fiasal that done your map at Konzept :smiley:

Marshy

« Reply #735 on: 25 July 2013, 18:03 »
Booked in with Steve but Faisal (not sure on the spelling) done the work.
Both seemed very helpful and passionate about the product. :wink:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #736 on: 25 July 2013, 18:14 »
Booked in with Steve but Faisal (not sure on the spelling) done the work.
Both seemed very helpful and passionate about the product. :wink:
would agree with you they are both very helpful an will try there best to make sure you are happy rather than just take your money  :wink:

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #737 on: 25 July 2013, 20:05 »
Finally washed it after holidays in sunny edinburgh watching the open  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline TomS_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #738 on: 25 July 2013, 23:21 »
Today: installed RCD-510 DAB, with just a temporary DAB antenna stuffed under the dash (above the air vent.)

But DAB reception is kind of weak and the audio is dropping, so this setup will need to be improved.

I do plan to run a cable from the boot and install the proper module, but that'll have to wait for a longer weekend as its going to be a relatively full on job with all the trim that needs to be removed and worked around.
---

Mk6 GTD, MY12, candy white

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #739 on: 27 July 2013, 13:21 »
Fitted a Nuespeed discharge pipe and a Revo Stasis throttle pipe,
Max flow now from intake to exhaust tips   :laugh:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R