Author Topic: ANOTHER locks question...  (Read 1139 times)

Offline tony_ack

• I live here
ANOTHER locks question...
« on: 02 July 2010, 23:07 »
...but different enough from the others to warrant a new thread  hope.

The door pin on the driver's side is all loose and wonky. If I pull it up push it down and wiggle it a bit it will operate the central locking, but the driver's door will remain locked.

If I use the key in the driver's door, it will lock and unlock the door, but not operate the central locking.

I've had the doorcard off and had a look inside and it looks like the rods for the central locking mech are mounted to the rear of the door near the door lock mech using some sort of plastic clip, which had come off. I secured the clip to the door again, and it worked for a while, but it is now loose again and I have the same problems as before.

The problem is that it's really hard to see inside the door and find out what is broken. Is this clip just supposed to push on, or does it latch into place, or is there a screw to hold it in? I am guessing that the clip is broken - if so can I still get these from VW?
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: ANOTHER locks question...
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2010, 09:37 »
the white plastic clip can only be fitted properly if you take the lock block off, the clip should be pushed thru the hole on the door then fitted to the lock block, this stops it falling off :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.