Author Topic: Running costs  (Read 13310 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Running costs
« Reply #80 on: 09 January 2019, 15:01 »
When I was looking at FF1’s for my R they were significantly cheaper from tyreleader.
8x18 ET45 front, 8x18 ET35 rear and they’ll look spot on  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 10 January 2019, 09:18 »
Anyone know how much they weigh? They look very similar to the Belvedere alloys.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 10 January 2019, 09:49 »
Anyone know how much they weigh? They look very similar to the Belvedere alloys.

19s are forged and mega expensive - 8.6kgs
18s are flow formed and weigh - 8.9kgs each

I think they are very 'Pret' like but nicer.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 10:03 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #83 on: 10 January 2019, 16:56 »
Ok so now I have a real dilemma on.  Ordered Isaac and 19" Brescias, with no DCC.  I'm maxed out on what I want to spend, so to get the DCC I will need to drop the Isaac paint and go with solid white.  And I can't decide.  Incidentally, I was going for white originally until I saw Isaac Blue.  Although rather annoyingly, a woman at work has rocked up in an Isaac Blue with Brescias recently so it won't be the only one on the office car park  :angry:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 10 January 2019, 17:22 »
Ok so now I have a real dilemma on.  Ordered Isaac and 19" Brescias, with no DCC.  I'm maxed out on what I want to spend, so to get the DCC I will need to drop the Isaac paint and go with solid white.  And I can't decide.  Incidentally, I was going for white originally until I saw Isaac Blue.  Although rather annoyingly, a woman at work has rocked up in an Isaac Blue with Brescias recently so it won't be the only one on the office car park  :angry:
Only you will know - my advice is to go back and drive the DCC equipped car along some roads you know you will be using. Switch between comfort, normal and sport, and then see how it feels. As a benchmark the normal suspension sits somewhere in-between Normal and Sport on a DCC equipped car. Or failing that simply ask to drive a non-DCC car and see how it feels. You summed it up yourself when you said that you will be driving it for 4yrs, so whilst £850 is a lot off money for an option you may not need, at the same time it's not a lot of money if you were to not spec it and then regret it in the long term.  :smiley:

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #85 on: 10 January 2019, 17:33 »
Don't order the 19's and ditch the DCC.... job done  :smiley:

Think of the money you will save on tyres over 4 years if you want to feel smug :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #86 on: 10 January 2019, 17:35 »
Lol... I don't like the parkers and can't be arsed selling them after buying the car.  Might just add DCC and be done with it.  And then incur the wrath of the chancellor of the household...  :whistle:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #87 on: 10 January 2019, 17:53 »

I have Brescias without DCC, and the ride quality is absolutely fine. VW have done a great job with the ride on standard dampers.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #88 on: 10 January 2019, 18:09 »

I have Brescias without DCC, and the ride quality is absolutely fine. VW have done a great job with the ride on standard dampers.

Cool... I had a TT on 19 inch rims a few years back which was fine, so guess this will be an improvement.  The TT was from the Golf mk 5 era in terms of chassis etc.  Think I need to chill and stop worrying about it.  The more you think about something, the more problems you find.  First world problems at that!

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 10 January 2019, 18:38 »
What exactly is your worry about not having DCC? Sorry if you have previously mentioned it. It isn't essential although I'm sure it's nice to have, the fact that most people don't have it should be an answer in itself?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.