Author Topic: Attempted theft  (Read 5615 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Attempted theft
« Reply #30 on: 04 March 2021, 19:41 »
Must've been really harrowing to experience that. Disgusting how some people act. I'd be doing some serious thinking too if I experienced something like that.

Thank you. It’s pretty hard for us normal folk to rationalise I suppose.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 05 March 2021, 09:06 »
Thanks. Think a few more days have put some perspective on the whole situation.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Hope you wake up every morning feeling a bit better. reading this thread im starting to appreciate how lucky I am living in the south of Ireland in the countryside. I have never even locked my car at night when parked at home, keys usually stay in the car.
Hope they can bring that scumbag to justice though. Good luck
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 05 March 2021, 13:22 »
Thanks Carbon. I do appreciate every single comment. We all know how great this place is.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 05 March 2021, 13:41 »
Can't believe the bare face cheek that he just wandered into your garage  >:( >:(  Really makes my blood boil

Shame you didn't run the fookers over ! Absolute scum bags. All of us work hard for the nice things we have in life and these low life pond scum think they can get want they want by just stealing it. Not that I'm an advocate for owning firearms in the UK, but makes we wonder if that happened in the US, that their brains would probably be all over the floor !

As you have said you can't let the c*nts win and beat you. Just get a big dog and tie an elastic band round it's willy to make it even more aggressive  ;D ;D

Glad you are OK though.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 05 March 2021, 16:25 »
Thanks Sootchucker. My overriding feeling is just one of total confusion now because of the way it happened. They never made any demands at all apart from asking me to lower my window but as you say, it’s the bare faced cheek of it. That’s why I’m so confused.

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 05 March 2021, 16:59 »
It may have been a distraction technique so as you try to work out what the guy wants someone else gets in the car. Strange to try that in a garage though.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 05 March 2021, 17:34 »
It may have been a distraction technique so as you try to work out what the guy wants someone else gets in the car. Strange to try that in a garage though.

Absolutely. Ideally they don’t want to come into your property as it’s a whole different ball game for sentencing I believe.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #37 on: 05 March 2021, 19:01 »
Lower the window, spray something in your face probably or a knife/hammer...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 05 March 2021, 19:33 »
Lower the window, spray something in your face probably or a knife/hammer...

I’ll sleep soundly now Fred.  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #39 on: 05 March 2021, 20:33 »
Just what I do how I imagine how this plays out  :wink:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC