Author Topic: Sat Nav Update?  (Read 9476 times)

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
Sat Nav Update?
« on: 27 May 2019, 17:58 »
Hi
Can anyone please point me in the direction of an "idiot's" step by step guide to updating my Discover Media Sat Nav?
Thanks

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Sat Nav Update?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2019, 18:19 »
You can download the latest maps from here;-

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/

Which maps to download will depend on which head unit you have. You can use VW's download manager that will also tell you whether or not your current maps are the latest ones, or you can do what I did, which was to download them directly onto my PC hard drive and then copy them onto the VW SD card. Remember though to remove copy protection and to make a backup of your existing maps just in case it goes pear shaped. Put copy protection back when finished.

If you have a Nav Pro you can also update them via car net if you have a decent enough internet connection.
7.5 GTD

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2019, 18:30 »
I don't think anyone in history has managed to update maps via carnet. I've tried a few times but always default back to downloading from the VW site.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2019, 19:39 »
Thanks guys.
I've looked on Google but can't find the VW Download Manager... any links please?

ianj37

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2019, 19:44 »
The link Guzzle gave above works fine for me.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2019, 19:55 »
Thanks guys.
I've looked on Google but can't find the VW Download Manager... any links please?

It's called DiscoverCare. If you choose your car and then the head unit, it will be the first item at the top after you've clicked through via the link above.

I had problems with DiscoverCare, it would only go so far then I got an error message saying it couldn't copy files so I reverted to just downloading maps to my PC then dragging and dropping files to the SD card.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2019, 19:57 by Guzzle »
7.5 GTD

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2019, 20:16 »
Looking at that link (which works fine for me too) the downloads you get to, after selecting car model and nav type, say last updated 10/01/2018. We used to get 2 updates a year, in May and November, so, has this changed?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2019, 20:23 »
The last updates were October last year, so in theory we're due another update any time now. They've given the date as mmddyy like the crazy yanks instead of ddmmyy.
7.5 GTD

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2019, 20:29 »
Oh, thanks Guzzle, that explains it. I'll watch out for the next one.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Tally Wacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2019, 20:41 »
Cheers guys, appreciated.