Author Topic: How to replace the front side headlight bulb (side light) golf mrk 4  (Read 31514 times)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
I'm waiting for a bulb to go on the front end.  It'll be an excuse to remove the bumper etc and fit some fancy headlight bulbs and the trick sidelights TJG gave me!

;)

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
Stuff taking the bumper off to change bulbs that just crazy... they are quite easy to fit have changed mine a few times ..failing that buy your bulbs at VW and get them to fit em

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Stuff taking the bumper off to change bulbs that just crazy... they are quite easy to fit have changed mine a few times ..failing that buy your bulbs at VW and get them to fit em

Pay VW to change a bulb?  :shocked:  :grin:

Whip the bumper off.  I wasn't too keen 1st time, seemed like a big job but it is really very simple.

Build thread clicky

Offline Kerrse

• I live here

Pay VW to change a bulb?  :shocked:  :grin:

Whip the bumper off.  I wasn't too keen 1st time, seemed like a big job but it is really very simple.

I think they may fit them for free or a very small charge..only because i saw someone getting that done when i was in there yesterday buying something else.

You can change them without taking the bumper .. although my bumper will have to come off at the weekend to fit my new depo lights an HID's :)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Vw WILL charge half hour labour to do headlight bulbs  :wink:

Halfords refuse to touch them lol  :grin:

Why struggle when it only takes 5 mins to remove the bumper  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM

That'll be £50 then.

I'll fit them for £20 if you drive it over here?

Build thread clicky

Offline Kerrse

• I live here

I wouldn't let halfrauds touch my car even to change a light bulb lol

No struggle one of the lads that works for has very small hands changed my bulbs on my car in 10 minutes lol

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.

I wouldn't let halfrauds touch my car even to change a light bulb lol

No struggle one of the lads that works for has very small hands changed my bulbs on my car in 10 minutes lol

lol agree with you about halfords My point is no one wants to do the job  :smiley:

You mate should start charging could be on to a winner   :laugh:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline asif

• I live here
sh!t, my drivers side main beam light has gone and I rang Reg Vardy my local VW dealership to see what they would say.
Well the guy said you pay for the bulb and we'll fit it for free, so i thought ok that sounds good cuz didn't fancy taking the bumper off, so he came back and said that the bulb is £10.50 I laughed and put the phone down :)
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline Niro

• Not said much yet
£10.50 for a main beam bulb...thats good

I am talking about the small side light bulb cost me £0.60p from local suppliers, as a test I'll ring JCT 600 bradford and see what they say...stay posted :grin:
Cheers
NIRO
----------------------------
98 Golf mrk IV GTi 1.8 20V
94 Rover Mini 1275