Author Topic: renewal after accident  (Read 1257 times)

Offline DC90

• Not said much yet
renewal after accident
« on: 22 February 2011, 23:39 »
I'm currently paying £1400 with HIC to insure my mk3 8v GTI at 20 years old with my mom and stepdad both named drivers as this brought the price down a little and the old man borrows it to get golf clubs in. It has a cobra cad 1 alarm and immobiliser which they are aware of.
Since taking out the policy I have had one accident, at my fault I'm unsure of amounts payed out but i was TPF&T so did not claim for my car and there wasn't a great deal of damage to the other party but they insisted on claiming even after me offering to cover repairs, no injuries were claimed to my knowledge.

My insurance is due in may/april so through interest i was browsing as I am kinda worried and quotes are coming back at stupid amounts! The cheapest I found during a very brief look in my lunch break was £2500.

I'm not foolish enough to believe a claim wouldn't have affected a young drivers policy but a grand extra?
Luckily i've just had a company car but was planning to keep the golf as a project with my cousin.

Through interest, who has claims against them and how did it affect your renewal with either your existing policy or a new company?

cheers
« Last Edit: 22 February 2011, 23:43 by DC90 »
2008 Skoda VRS TDi
1997 Mk3 Golf VRS

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: renewal after accident
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2011, 07:21 »
insurance prices have gone up a LOT of late - even for the oaps amongst us.  :shocked:

add in a young driver, a claim, a high group car, and the loss of any introductory discount you might have got when you took the policy out

then i am afraid, thats figure is about right  :cry:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: renewal after accident
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2011, 09:55 »
As Chuff said insurance prices have rocketed so that would seem about right.