Author Topic: Winter wheels and tyres for Mk6 GTi  (Read 2168 times)

Offline andygo

• GTI forum regular
Winter wheels and tyres for Mk6 GTi
« on: 06 November 2014, 10:47 »
What's the best option? Thinking of swapping over my 18" Monzas for something a bit wintry.

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: Winter wheels and tyres for Mk6 GTi
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2014, 10:57 »
Swap you my Charlestons for em? :P
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2014, 12:23 »
I bought a different set of 17" alloys for my Passat last year off ebay. They came with 4 very good summer tyres that I would have needed to buy soon anyway and I already had my winter tyres waiting in the shed. Taking off the value of the tyres that came with them, the wheels only owe me £80. Two of them could do with a referb, but it's only very light kerb rash which isn't that noticable.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2014, 12:40 »
Ive got 16s with winter tyres. As the wheels are cheap off ebay and the tyres also cheap.
Much better with potholes and curbs too less likley to damage a wheel in winter.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2014, 17:16 »
^ and less likely to cause rattles or hurt bushes or anything in the car
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust