Which version 19" wheels do you prefer

Santiago
5 (16.7%)
Brescia
14 (46.7%)
Other (pls specify!)
11 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Best genuine VW 19" alloys  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Re: Best genuine VW 19" alloys
« Reply #20 on: 27 March 2021, 22:44 »
Of the two choices in the poll I’d go for Brescias as they are much easier to clean and can be picked up new from VW with tyres as a set quite easily.
If buying a set second hand they look good powder coated grey if white-worm has taken hold.

If it were my money I’d get the T-Roc Pretorias for a whole bunch of reasons.

Why T Roc?
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 27 March 2021, 22:51 »
T-Roc R or Passat Pretoria 19’s: better offset, better colour, cheaper than Golf R/TCR Prets...

By better I mean they look OEM still but don’t look like you’re trying to be a Golf R wannabe.
They are attractive in their own right. And personally I much prefer the offset.
Not a change I’d recommend if the car already had Golf Prets !!

« Last Edit: 27 March 2021, 22:58 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 27 March 2021, 23:05 »
Now I've had a taste of lightweight wheels I'll always buy on how heavy they are first then on how they look.

The difference in ride quality between the Belvedere and the Austin is night and day.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 28 March 2021, 07:16 »
T-Roc R or Passat Pretoria 19’s: better offset, better colour, cheaper than Golf R/TCR Prets...

By better I mean they look OEM still but don’t look like you’re trying to be a Golf R wannabe.
They are attractive in their own right. And personally I much prefer the offset.
Not a change I’d recommend if the car already had Golf Prets !!

Cheers 😳👍🏻 Seen what I thought was 8R yesterday. Had R badge front then round back day golf under badge and e tsfi I think so just have been an R-Line

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 28 March 2021, 07:18 »
Now I've had a taste of lightweight wheels I'll always buy on how heavy they are first then on how they look.

The difference in ride quality between the Belvedere and the Austin is night and day.

What car do you have?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2021, 08:52 »

Cheers 😳👍🏻 Seen what I thought was 8R yesterday. Had R badge front then round back day golf under badge and e tsfi I think so just have been an R-Line

There’s one not far from my house, I did a massive double take when I first saw it! It’s a very dark grey one that looked black from the distance. Wasn’t until I saw the tailpipe trims I knew for sure.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 28 March 2021, 10:55 »

What car do you have?

GTI PP with lots of Clubsport goodies sprinkled over it.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 28 March 2021, 11:48 »

What car do you have?

Nice 😁😁

GTI PP with lots of Clubsport goodies sprinkled over it.