Author Topic: 1990 Golf GTI 16v  (Read 38034 times)

Offline Mew

• I live here
Re: Operation de-Chuff - Progress!
« Reply #160 on: 23 September 2012, 10:10 »
looks good mate, any progress on the a reg?  :laugh:

Don't be silly! :rolleyes:

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #161 on: 23 September 2012, 10:32 »
Work carried out this week was a new outer cv boot, oil and filter change, new cam cover gasket, new throttle cable and a throttle body clean and mechanism stripdown.

I've never been 100% satisfied with the feel of the accelerator on this golf. Upon inspection of the cable I found it to be slightly frayed, and at the pedal end the rubber bush was split and the cable secured with a metal plate on the end of the hook, which hadn't done the rubber bush any good. A new cable and bush were purchased, and with the old cable off I had a feel of the throttle body mechanism and it wasn't great. I removed the TB and gave it a good clean inside, although it was surprisingly clean anyway. I then went about removing the throttle mechanism and cleaned each component before reassembling. It really has transformed the feel of it, throttle action is now much smoother and lighter, probably one of the most satisfying jobs I've done!

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #162 on: 23 September 2012, 11:14 »
Just remembered a fairly big change that I carried out a couple of weeks ago. The Apex lowering springs have now been replaced by standard height springs from VW Heritage :shocked:

The car did look very high at first but I don't mind it now, although that's probably due to a combination of the springs settling and me getting used to it.

Pics to follow.....

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #163 on: 23 September 2012, 11:30 »
well in mate... good to see this one still being looked after properly  :cool:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #164 on: 23 September 2012, 12:16 »
well in mate... good to see this one still being looked after properly  :cool:

This!

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #165 on: 23 September 2012, 18:37 »
The rims on this car are so sweet. They look just fantastic with the black arches and darkened rear lights. Amen to another man who gives a sh!t about maintenance.  :smiley:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #166 on: 23 September 2012, 23:05 »
Thank you ladies :afro:

Offline Mew

• I live here
Re: 1990 Golf GTI 16v
« Reply #167 on: 11 April 2014, 10:50 »
To be up for sale very soon......