Author Topic: Slight nocking  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Slight nocking
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2009, 10:34 »
Mine does a very similar thing when you turn the wheels to nearly full lock. Kind of like the spring being twisted then quickly slips causing a sound which is like tapping the spring lightly with a hammer (good description I thought  :smiley:). Happens very occasionally over speed bumps too. I used vr6 top mounts as well.

That will be coilovers, mine were the same.

Offline bobbito

• GTI forum regular
  • Hammer and Chisel Engineering
« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2009, 11:07 »
What would cause the coilovers to do this though? They only started doing it after I had a new gearbox fitted until then they have been fine for 6 months or so. Its seems to be coming from the near side coilover.

Offline zoomered

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2009, 22:34 »
Thanks for the info guys. Think new top mounts are the way to go. Sorry bout the sig, didn't realise it was gonna be that big! Ive already had the tracking done, will it need done again if i change the top mounts cause i'll need to remove the struts again... Thanks

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2009, 23:16 »
Thanks for the info guys. Think new top mounts are the way to go. Sorry bout the sig, didn't realise it was gonna be that big! Ive already had the tracking done, will it need done again if i change the top mounts cause i'll need to remove the struts again... Thanks

Yes you will need it checking.