Author Topic: New 7.5 GTI owner  (Read 7453 times)

Offline Connor1409

• Not said much yet
New 7.5 GTI owner
« on: 23 March 2017, 14:26 »
Hello all.
On Tuesday night I bough a Tornado Red, 5 door GTI mk7.5. Only other option to the 5 doors are the Brescia wheels, I preferred them to the standards.

It's due with me before the end of the month, I'm coming from a Punto Sporting so it's a great step up. I also considered a m140i, a GT86 and an E220d (there was a great deal!).

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: New 7.5 GTI owner
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2017, 22:16 »
Welcome Connor

Seems like a very quick order to delivery so presumably the car is already at the dealers or it was a order already ordered and you just amended it..?

Yeah not a fan of the standard 7.5 GTD/I wheels so good call on the Brescia's. I toyed with getting these as aftermarkets (but obviously genuine ones) but decided to go the BBS route myself.

The GTI in red is a great colour choice too. I don't see many round my neck of the woods so be good to see some pics when it arrives.

Ah yes the Punto Sporting Grande which I had in red myself for all of 7days until I rejected it...the less said about the better. :whistle:

Your definitely moving up in the world...Enjoy!!!

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Connor1409

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2017, 10:31 »
Hi buddy,

It was a stock car that was already in shipping to the Lookers group, I wanted one quick as it means avoiding the tax hike!
I'd driven a pre-facelift DSG at the start of the year and liked it, but wasn't really ready to move at that point.

I love the Brescias, I wouldn't have hated the standard wheels but I felt I wanted something a little shinier!

I had (have still) the ego, 1.4 multi air turbo. It's been a good car but fancied a treat, I'm still reasonably young so no commitments so why not!

Thanks for your reply, I'll add pictures when I can! Presumably once I'm done driving the thing. Breaking in is going to be tedious!

Offline Connor1409

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2017, 10:46 »
Tomorrow!  :nerd:

Offline Connor1409

• Not said much yet
Re: New mk7 GTI owner
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2017, 09:41 »
Here she is.
Polishing commences this afternoon.  :smiley:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2017, 11:09 »
Shouldnt the speedo go 120 140 160. Seems od to me. Or my eyes cant decide if ita a 8 or a 6

Offline Connor1409

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2017, 11:10 »
Well I'm never going to unsee that….

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2017, 11:55 »
Thats lovely Connor, you must be thrilled  :laugh:

Quick question - do the navigation maps appear in the Active Info display (between the speedo and rev counter) in your car? I've been wondering if that's a Pro-Nav feature only...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2017, 13:12 »
Ahh so it's you on Reddit :wink: this looks amazing!

Offline Connor1409

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2017, 14:18 »
Thats lovely Connor, you must be thrilled  :laugh:

Quick question - do the navigation maps appear in the Active Info display (between the speedo and rev counter) in your car? I've been wondering if that's a Pro-Nav feature only...

Hi Mate, I am!
So yes - they do, there's actually a mini map and an option to widen that out where the dials go smaller and push further away, useful actually!

Ahh so it's you on Reddit :wink: this looks amazing!
Busted.