Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1786 times)

Offline geerux

• Just got here
« on: 06 March 2017, 14:43 »
Hi All i am Jerome Im from South Africa, i have a late 2014 G7 Gti, I need to know from other members that have experienced white worm? I never knew this existed i found paint peeling badly around valve on one of my rims and bubbling on the other 3. I took it to my dealer who started asking questions trying to find a angle out of it, firstly claiming warranty doesnt cover mags, then asking if i had mags repaired, even thou i told him that i never even had a puncture, vehicle only has 23000 kilometers on clock only been for 2 annual services. After a while he asks me if i have a dog then he claims its the dog. He reports to VW South Africa that the cause of damage is from a corrosive liquid?

Offline Zack

• Not said much yet
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2017, 14:50 »
Welcome to the forum.

Yet again VW dealers trying to avoid warranty work. Write to the dealer and ask for a written reply and what factual evidence they have got.

If he maintains his story of opinion, find out what his qualifications are and ask what is contained in dog urine that is capable of damaging the finish of the wheels. In fact if your wheels are made by Borbet as UK spec cars are, get in touch with Borbet, don't tell them what the dealer is claiming and just say you are thinking of buying some of their wheels and want to know if the finish is resistant to animal urine.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2017, 15:08 »
Offer to piss on his wheels and when absolutely nothing happens agree to replace yours.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2017, 16:38 »
Offer to piss on his wheels and when absolutely nothing happens agree to replace yours.

This... :grin:

Oh and Welcome. There a fair few threads on the white worm subject so give the search function a whirl.

If your wheels are spotless(no kerbing ect) then your dealer should have no problems making a warranty claim on your behalf.

Loads of fellow member on here(not me personally) have been through this and have had no problems claiming.

Best of Luck!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline geerux

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2017, 23:25 »
Thanks guys, they trying their best to find a angle out of it, they wanted to know if any aftermarket work had been done even wanted to know if it had a tracker installed!one of the wheels has some minor kerb damage but no corrosion in that area only around the valves. I bought a new Caddy about 2 years ago and 2 weeks after delivery upon closer inspection i found rust spots on the body and inside. They first blamed acid rain etc but eventualy had it repaired. We have a Mercedes plant here and they have many storage facilities here all of them in the open about 300 meters from the ocean I see cars parked there for months. I think manufacturers should at least take care of the vehicles before they are delivered. I wonder where mine was parked?

Offline geerux

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 17 March 2017, 11:31 »
The Dealer submitted the claim to VW, they have just responded that from pictures that i have taken that have been examined by their expert they can conclude that its not from any manufacturing defect, they sticking to corrosive liquid story. I have started some experiments of my own to debunk their corrosive liquid theory i have a fender that i replaced had small fender bender paint damaged i didnt want it repaired i had new fender fitted, i poured some extra strength pool acid into the recess created by the bump acid just rolls of the paint without even damaging it I there is a drop in groove no effect had to use screwdriver to scratch paint surface this just made small buble no major damage. leaving it for a hour to see what happens