Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 227122 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....TLC time
« Reply #1540 on: 23 October 2015, 23:02 »
I did finally wire up the auto dimming mirror and it WORKS  :smug: :laugh:

Might try and service it this weekend, weather permitting  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Time to say goodbye
« Reply #1541 on: 16 January 2016, 17:54 »
Time to say goodbye to the A3 after over 5 years and 75,000 miles together  :smiley:

Upgrade time!!

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276747.0

:cool:

Will have some bits for sale shortly  :whistle:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Time to say goodbye
« Reply #1542 on: 24 January 2016, 20:19 »
This is the last picture I took of the A3 as I left it at the garage yesterday  :sad:

The A3 was ultimately a very capable car and in terms of running costs was pretty good. The biggest bill it stung me for was a new inlet manifold. Other than regular servicing and tyres it cost very little to run. It had one complete set of brake pads and discs in my ownership  :smiley:

The S Line suspension was sadly its biggest let down.  It simply lacked any compliance on the real bumpy stuff and potholes etc; it skipped the car across the tarmac rather than soaking up the bumps. I was looking into replacing it but as it was approaching 100,000 miles I felt it was better to trade it in for something newer before I got hit with some big bills

I will miss the performance though; the punch of the PD is rather addictive and on more than one occasion it was quick enough to upset and emabarass a few 'hot hatches'  :evil:

I will miss it but not for long; the A6 is a massive leap in every department and not just size!!

Hope you have all enjoyed reading  :smiley: