Author Topic: HELP! Cannot start her!  (Read 822 times)

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
HELP! Cannot start her!
« on: 09 April 2013, 20:11 »
Left the boot slightly open for a fortninght.....Battery DEAD!!

Can I get her going again? without a new battery? Tried 20mins connected to a running car but no luck.

I do have access to a charger at the weekend, looking to sell her soon so could do without forking out for a new battery.

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline GtiAde

• Not said much yet
Re: HELP! Cannot start her!
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2013, 20:17 »
I would try the charger first as cheapest option, but it may be that flat that its damaged the battery :sad:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2013, 20:20 »
jump leads can be a bit hit and miss so it might not be beyond salvaging. Make sure you clean the terminals up so they're nice and shiny before you put the charger on.

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2013, 20:50 »
Thanks all. Fingers crossed.

She's not really moved in five months and she's still costing me!

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline Nino

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2013, 21:16 »
I know its not really recondmended but you could bump start her and take her for a good run? to charge the batt but if you got access to a charger I would charge it on a slow tricle charge over night.
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline dan2252

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2013, 08:04 »
Bump start won't work if there isn't enough power to run the fuel pump, charge it over night
MK4 golf 1.8 turbo agu :)