Author Topic: MY WHEEL JUST FELL OFF??????  (Read 2957 times)

Offline 87_PROJECT

• GTI forum regular
MY WHEEL JUST FELL OFF??????
« on: 18 May 2003, 18:42 »
That was a bit worrying!..

.Just changed my wheels and Im sure I double checked all the bolts...apparently not...got up to 35-40 and my front left wheel overtook me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im absoluteley gutted! nasty dent/fold in the wing from the wheel hitting it...(new metalic grey wing required pls!!!) Brake disk seems ok but scratched...

heres the bad part...The suspension...It seems the whole suspension is slightly out of alignment...IE the gap between tyre and suspension is about 2-3mm different  each side...how dangerous is this?

Any advice on major things to check would be appreciated, I lost two wheel nuts but Im hoping Rich can help me out there ;) so I cant take it out for a drive just yet to see how it feels...
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re: MY WHEEL JUST FELL OFF??????
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2003, 19:38 »
Gutted for you mate. ?:'(
Guess we'll be looking round some scrappies this week to try and find one the right colour.
I'm almost certain you'll have bu**ered up the camber angle and there is a good chance tracking will be out too.
Probably best to get all the geometry checked once you've grabbed those longer wheel bolts off me.
There's a good place in Frimley Green that does it using the lasers......cheap too.
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by -1 »

Offline 87_PROJECT

• GTI forum regular
Re: MY WHEEL JUST FELL OFF??????
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2003, 23:29 »
nice one...Ill be over in the week ;)

« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »